An evening with Michael Eavis Questions ?

Crazyfool01

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm .... so that sounds like they don't have both of Foos and AC/DC, but just one of them.

I've had good sourced info that puts Foos solidly in the frame. If Glasto has just one of them, I'm pretty sure it'll be Foos.

Possibly, but he did also mumble something else at the same time about said band not actually headlining. He said the headliner they did have was going to be a surprise, and not something we'd expect....

If I should get to meet him again, I would like to question MEs braincells to see if he remembers our meeting.

A very long story (well, more like an after dinner anecdote) cut short here:

I found myself unexpectedly sitting next to ME in The Astrolabe on the Saturday of 2004. After some amazing banter/chat that I am cutting short here (nobody would believe me, I keep meaning to write it down in full), I mentioned how hard it was to get tickets that year (and for those who remember, that year was a bit of a transition period). Anyway, ME's response was along the lines of "Well get a bloody job then".

Every time I haven't got tickets, I have found it surprisingly easy to get a job there, (it's called volunteering).

So. Yes, You Can, go work for him (via Oxfam, Shelter, WBC, WaterAid etc).

I kinda meant work for him all year round, look after the cows and the planning, then the "guests" when they arrive!

i dont suppose he told you how he was going to keep us oldens getting tickets when the speed at which they sell out gets quicker each year to the point that us oldens cant type quick enough to fill the forms in lol

christ if they sale out any quicker id only have got about 2 reg numbers and names on the form and itll come up with a big fucking sign saying

SOLD OUT

unlucky guy old son youll have to start looking for an old peoples festival ...init lol

Edited by guypjfreak

i dont suppose he told you how he was going to keep us oldens getting tickets when the speed at which they sell out gets quicker each year to the point that us oldens cant type quick enough to fill the forms in lol

christ if they sale out any quicker id only have got about 2 reg numbers and names on the form and itll come up with a big fucking sign saying

SOLD OUT

unlucky guy old son youll have to start looking for an old peoples festival ...init lol

I've found cutting and pasting the details from a word doc never does me wrong. It's the shakes that slow me down

Nobody expects.......Baldhead Growler:

Nobody expects - Bette Midler

I've been wondering why Wind Beneath My Wings keeps becoming my ear worm! :lol:

Imagine she could drag Michael on stage and the whole field could sing it at him.

Edited by 5co77ie

I wouldn't even watch that 'from a distance'!

in that case 'You'll Never Know' although I think 'It's Gonna Take a Miracle' and it could be next year's 'Favourite Waste of Time' I'm gonna 'Hang on in There Baby' as '(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher' and her show could put me 'In the Mood' I think you'll find if you do go Bette 'Put a Spell on You'. I'm gonna watch 'From A distance' at the cider bus as I'm sure to be 'Drinking Again' and it'll be 'One for My Baby (and One More for the Road)' before thinking 'Do You Want to Dance?' and deciding we're just 'Strangers in the Night'. Although 'When a Man Loves a Woman' then there may be a 'Chapel of Love' 'Under the Boardwalk' in Shangri-La later that night. Edited by 5co77ie