Prodigy....

Swine_Glasto2014

Saw them in Blackpool last night and it surpassed all of my expectations. Old or new songs it didn't matter, the place was absolutely bouncing. I haven't really got in to the new album but it definitely sounded much better live than the recorded version. 10 of the 18 songs played were from the last 2 albums so they definitely cannot be accused of being a band living off the past. Omen, Smack and Voodoo People went down really well. It was also the hottest and the most sweaty gig ive been to in a long time.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw them in Blackpool last night and it surpassed all of my expectations. Old or new songs it didn't matter, the place was absolutely bouncing. I haven't really got in to the new album but it definitely sounded much better live than the recorded version. 10 of the 18 songs played were from the last 2 albums so they definitely cannot be accused of being a band living off the past. Omen, Smack and Voodoo People went down really well. It was also the hottest and the most sweaty gig ive been to in a long time.

Yeah I was at the gig in Birmingham and it was amazing! From the minute Breathe dropped it was crazy! I agree, even like Nasty Nasty which didn't get approval on here came across great, I'd see them again later in the year no problem.

Honestly guys, I know they've been slagged to fuck on here but they are bang on form.

Tonight was fantastic, they blew the whole crowd away.played about 8 or 9 new tracks which went down extremely well. The crowd went mental for the new stuff..

I'd even go as far to say that they could drop Firestarter and SMBU from the set list and no-one would care.the new stuff had a huge response.

I know it's a efests 'thing' to slag Prodigy off but you are missing out if you do this.

What a band! I'm no newbie, been watching gigs and going to festivals since 1988 and I've got to say they are brilliant.

Whoever you are listening to instead of the new Prodigy album will need to changed.Get it done.

I am so looking forward to this gig on Saturday it isn't funny. Been itching to see them again after last time at Glastonbury! 80 minute set works for me, still get 18 songs and there's a slim chance I can get out of the Pally to get my train back to Hampton from Vauxhall :P

been so obsessed with Glastonbury line up the fact I'm going to see the Prodigy on Saturday has just sneaked up on me.

Alexandria Palace website tries to sell it as a good place to go for a drink before the gig, says they've got lots of bars and buskers.

Is it any good and how much is it for a drink?Never been before. If it's not great anyone got any recommendations where to go before the gig, not from London and get the impression Alexandria Palace is a bit away from everything.

been so obsessed with Glastonbury line up the fact I'm going to see the Prodigy on Saturday has just sneaked up on me.

Alexandria Palace website tries to sell it as a good place to go for a drink before the gig, says they've got lots of bars and buskers.

Is it any good and how much is it for a drink?Never been before. If it's not great anyone got any recommendations where to go before the gig, not from London and get the impression Alexandria Palace is a bit away from everything.

The venue is about a mile, uphill, from the high street. I drove last time i went so didnt go any pubs. Looked like there were a few bars on the way though.

To anyone that's been to see them, What's the opening track for this tour?

i haven't seen them, but a quick look on setlist.fm shows that it's Breathe!

Jesus! In from the off. Just thinking back to the last tour. Im sure it was either Poison or Voodoo people. Either way it was mad from the beginning. Can't frickin wait for Friday

If I remember correctly, it cost me a fiver a pint when I seen the Libertines there last year but I'd love to know a decent pub to go before the Friday gig

There's a Wetherspoon next to Wood Green station other than that I don't know any boozers nearby unfortunately