Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drenge & Mystery Jets seem v likely to be FR headliners in my book.

Grimes would be way too big to headline FR surely? NME sub at least.

Savages could be the third but think that's just me being hopeful.

I wonder if the Manics could headline it, or if they're still too big. They're touring next year and doing a few arenas, but would they be too big of a draw for the average crowd of this day and age? I remember the NME stage not being packed out when they headlined it in 2008. Plus if Feeder and Ash can do it.

And yes, I know. Me talking about the Manics playing Reading and Leeds. Ha ha. Lol.

1 minute ago, VCK said:

I wonder if the Manics could headline it, or if they're still too big. They're touring next year and doing a few arenas, but would they be too big of a draw for the average crowd of this day and age? I remember the NME stage not being packed out when they headlined it in 2008. Plus if Feeder and Ash can do it.

And yes, I know. Me talking about the Manics playing Reading and Leeds. Ha ha. Lol.

They're far bigger than Feeder and Ash. There's no way Feeder and Ash could fill the venues that the Manics fill.

If they were to play again, I'd imagine a main stage slot would be far more suited. Then again, they may not appeal to a great deal there so an FR headline set would get a big thumbs up from me.

15 minutes ago, VCK said:

Don't think they'd draw a crowd too big for the tent, but because they're a big band in general they'd probably cost too much/not accept such a small slot.

41 minutes ago, VCK said:

I'd love it but the general R&L goer wouldn't give a shit.

9 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

Except they're playing festivals this summer

whilst they're obviously doing something next summer, it's odd that there has still yet to be an official statement from the band. in fact, the only word from a band member has been Jim Ward saying it was the first he'd heard of it (them being on the Rock On The Range lineup). wonder if this is down to Rock On The Range jumping the gun with the announcement, or if they're being oddly mysterious about this second reformation for whatever reason