Lineup 2016

Matt42

9 minutes ago, ian-fp said:

A Day To Remember have also been mentioned to me, but my friend reckons they're headlining the NME.

What is it you'd like to know? Aside from Foals, Disclosure and The Stone Roses, I have also been told where the bands already announced will be playing, along with another number of bands, who I assume will be in the next announcement.

Perhaps the band's management weren't accepting any contact until after the announcement. Like I say, this is all information that has been passed on to me, but from a very reliable source.

Bottom line though, is that V wanted them, and Reading has got them.

I don't believe you but what other bands and placements have you got then? I'm just interested because this thread is often dead.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ian-fp said:

From what I gathered, after The Stone Roses announced their upcoming dates, there was a scramble from Reading/Leeds and V to get them, and obviously R&L got there first.

24 minutes ago, ian-fp said:

It was unknown that they would even reform; apparently their agent contacted the TITP organisers personally and asked to play.

The Stone Roses' manager is Simon Moran, whose company co-owns T in the Park and V Festival.

Edited by dentalplan

17 minutes ago, ian-fp said:

I have also been told where the bands already announced will be playing, along with another number of bands, who I assume will be in the next announcement.

where are twenty one pilots playing? hoping very much for an NME slot...

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Any chance the reason they couldn't be announced first is because if they are doing Leeds they'l want the Ethiad to have sold out first?

Was that stupid to suggest?

I'l leave either way

I'd say that's a fair enough assumption to make, although I think all, if not most of the Ethiad shows tickets had been sold before the Chilli Peppers announcement

What I know is as follows:

RHCP - Main Stage (headliners, obviously)
The 1975 - Main Stage (2nd down) 
The Courteeners - Main Stage (3rd down)
Twenty One Pilots - Main Stage (Placing and day not yet known, although if I were a betting man I'd say 4th or 5th down)
Eagles of Death Metal - Main Stage
Boy Better Know - NME/Radio 1 Stage
Slaves - Main Stage
DJ EZ - Dance Stage
Crossfaith - Lock-Up/The Pit
Rat Boy - NME/Radio 1 Stage

In addition to those already mentioned, the following are also playing: Tame Impala, Wolf Alice, Twin Atlantic, Two Door Cinema Club, Parkway Drive, Don Broco, The Strypes, The Vaccines, Metronomy, Savages and Kodaline.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I wasn't trying to support their story. I was trying to rhumble it. And I think I rhumbled it up good.

Some good points, and I had no idea that they were strongly connected with both TITP and V (I've never been a fan). My friend might have been pulling my leg here, or someone might have been pulling his. I don't know. He's been proven to be very reliable in the past so I just take his word for everything. I thought he may have been bullshitting me when he told me BMTH were playing 2nd down from headlining last year, but I was wrong. I'm not sure how much he actually knows about band management though.

But, the fact still remains: The Stone Roses are headlining Reading and Leeds. I say that with authority.

37 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

If there's a metal band playing 3rd there isn't that many who would slot in there. First one that came to mind was five finger death punch 

I don't ever see FFDP playing

11 minutes ago, ian-fp said:

Twenty One Pilots - Main Stage (Placing and day not yet known, although if I were a betting man I'd say 4th or 5th down)
Slaves - Main Stage
DJ EZ - Dance Stage

In addition to those already mentioned, the following are also playing: Tame Impala, Wolf Alice, Twin Atlantic, Two Door Cinema Club, Parkway Drive, Don Broco, The Strypes, The Vaccines, Metronomy, Savages and Kodaline.

Those are alright (I guess), nothing to make me excited though. Got Shikari and ADTR though (assuming you're not bull shitting which does seem the case here)

1 hour ago, #FreeComTruise said:

I don't think anyone's against the idea of them playing, just that the guy's info sounds like bull

Maybe the reason the Roses are at Reading and not V that I have been given is bull, who knows why they aren't there this year? But I can confidently assure you that the bands I have named will all be there.

As I say, I am just going by what I've been told, but this chap is almost always on the money every year. The only times he hasn't been, has when he's given me names that have dropped out.

Edited by ian-fp

And as someone who has been going to Reading for 10 years, I too am a bit underwhelmed by those names. But who knows who else will be there? Hopefully some more established names will emerge, and some surprise names too. It's been nice seeing The Hives, Madness and Weezer appear on the bill in previous years.

34 minutes ago, ian-fp said:

And as someone who has been going to Reading for 10 years, I too am a bit underwhelmed by those names. But who knows who else will be there? Hopefully some more established names will emerge, and some surprise names too. It's been nice seeing The Hives, Madness and Weezer appear on the bill in previous years.

As someone who's been going for 10 years it's par for the course :P

Go on then, detail past successes.

2 hours ago, ian-fp said:

Slaves - Main Stage
DJ EZ - Dance Stage

I've been reading this thread for a while now, but signed up after seeing this and your Roses posts just to say that I really hope you're right. Like so much. I was only able to afford to go for one day last year (first time at Leeds) so chose the Sunday mainly because of Metallica, Royal Blood and Catfish, also loved watching Marmozets but was a bit gutted that Mastodon had to cancel, could they do 2016? Because I was at 'Tallica I couldn't see Wolf Alice, which I'm still trying to get over, that and not being able to see the Libs and Peace. I was so happy to see RHCP announced, and Slaves were great last year, plus Hinds, Rat Boy, Courteeners and 21P are class too. Quick question, will Catfish be playing again? They supposedly have a new album coming out some time this year so I was kinda hoping to see them again. Some of those names - WA, Vaccines, TI, TA, TDCC - are great, but what about the following:
-CHVRCHES
-Shadow Puppets
-Bully
-Carl Barat's band
-The Pretty Reckless
-MIA
-Daughter
-Young Fathers
-Courtney Barnett
-Grimes
Also, what about the third headliner? Definitely going to be Foals/Disclosure? No chance of the Strokes, Radiohead, Kasabian or Kings Of Leon? What about metal bands? Got any chance of a Slayer? Could The Prodigy possible be playing?

I know you probably don't know a lot of what I just asked, but I was wondering if you had any idea of the likelihood of any of them happening?

I'm not saying I believe any of what's being banded about, but I'm not just dismissing it. I don't know if those suggestions are silly or not, I was just getting carried away :)

Edited by thelemon