Lineup 2016

Matt42

2 hours ago, DirtyChorizo said:

my comparison is to point out the reception the band would get not unto the actual music. Stop confusing yourself. Reading festival with 90,000 people is a far fucking call from an "indie night club" LOOOL. please educate yourself.

But my point was that the reception would be nothing alike which has something to do with the music anyway. Also as Dental said they have the sing along anthems and if you have any doubts go to any indie night club (LOOOL) and then wait for them to play I Am The Resurrection. 

56 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

I should phrase it better in fairness. If your going to have a band headlining i this day and age that is only barley classified as rock (stone roses) then they would have to be someone huge like an Oasis reunion or something, i just can't see stone roses being a good headliner. A reading festival headline tune would be something like, smells like teen spirit or knights of cydonia for example.

2 hours ago, DirtyChorizo said:

please educate yourself.

:)

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, DirtyChorizo said:

not really, look at the crowds they get anywhere other than brixton.

I live in Manchester half the time, and the other half of the time I live in Derby

BBK are popular as fuck in both areas- none of which are Brixton.

1 hour ago, DirtyChorizo said:

hahaha that would be hilarious. I hope they do come, but they could never get close to a headline understandably.

I should phrase it better in fairness. If your going to have a band headlining i this day and age that is only barley classified as rock (stone roses) then they would have to be someone huge like an Oasis reunion or something, i just can't see stone roses being a good headliner. A reading festival headline tune would be something like, smells like teen spirit or knights of cydonia for example.

ahahaha what idk where to begin what

11 hours ago, oli98 said:

Might be an unpopular opinion but Stone Roses are dull to me, just can't get in to them! I'm a fan of other 90's Britpop stuff but I dunno about TSR, anyone suggest any of their songs that might change my mind? 

Btw, I haven't listened to too much TSR to get a great impression, Fool's gold is a good'un tho

The Roses aint really britpop. Different era.

There arent load of tunes as they werent around that long really, just stick the first album on. If you dont like that then there is no hope for you.

11 hours ago, justanothername said:

But my point was that the reception would be nothing alike which has something to do with the music anyway. Also as Dental said they have the sing along anthems and if you have any doubts go to any indie night club (LOOOL) and then wait for them to play I Am The Resurrection. 

:)

Not that I'm involved with this debate, but I've got several Indie/Rock clubs near me that I go to regularly, and TSR never seem to be played.

Perhaps it's a regional thing?

Any conversation about genre is retarded because their is no definition of any genre or artists claimed to be within those definitions.

To respond to the original point, of course grime is mainstream. If it wasn't then we would be talking about it on a R&L festival forum.

18 minutes ago, mrtourette said:

Any conversation about genre is retarded because their is no definition of any genre or artists claimed to be within those definitions.

To respond to the original point, of course grime is mainstream. If it wasn't then we would be talking about it on a R&L festival forum.

What about when people name drop obscure bands on the R&L forum for their elite hipster supervillian status?

Edited by jump

13 hours ago, conroy17 said:

I live in Manchester half the time, and the other half of the time I live in Derby

BBK are popular as fuck in both areas- none of which are Brixton.

that's exactly my point mate.

2 hours ago, Biogeneric said:

Not that I'm involved with this debate, but I've got several Indie/Rock clubs near me that I go to regularly, and TSR never seem to be played.

Perhaps it's a regional thing?

probably more of a northern thing as they're from manchester. comparing an indie night, to a festival is hard anyway

13 hours ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Amazing

can't tell if you're joking but that is a banger live. Honestly, there is no song that gets as good a reception as that at reading in recent times that i've seen. (look up knights of cydonia live reading 2011)

16 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

Knights of Cydonia is an excellent festival tune, but it's no Citizen Erased.

Where did this Muse go?

5 minutes ago, DR OK said:

The stone roses were shit in the 90s and they're even worse now they're old, blading, fat and can't sing.

outside of Manchester barely anyone cares about them and most who do are people trying to be 'cool' and were still shitting themselves in the 90s.

Yup you're correct, they didn't do sell out London, Scotland and Ireland shows.

Pixies are gunna be around Europe at the time, reading though the forum most people are saying they are unlikely to do RandL .personally I see no reason why they wouldn't do it? Just booked Bilbao Spain can't wait to see them and RandL would be the cherry on the top. would be an excellent Sub for RHCP