Lineup 2016

Matt42

4 hours ago, DR OK said:

The stone roses were shit in the 90s and they're even worse now they're old, blading, fat and can't sing.

outside of Manchester barely anyone cares about them and most who do are people trying to be 'cool' and were still shitting themselves in the 90s.

This is so unbelievably wrong.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, charley said:

This is so unbelievably wrong.

Not sure, Ian sounds like my Dad doing Karaoke. I doubt 20 years would have improved his vocals... 

Might have just been a one-off shitty performance but I doubt a 2016 reformation will be much better

10 hours ago, Biogeneric said:

Not that I'm involved with this debate, but I've got several Indie/Rock clubs near me that I go to regularly, and TSR never seem to be played.

Perhaps it's a regional thing?

Well I do go to Uni in Manchester and when I'm not there I'm back home near Sheffield so that may have something to with it :P

Nice avatar by the way  ;) 

4 hours ago, oli98 said:

Pixies are gunna be around Europe at the time, reading though the forum most people are saying they are unlikely to do RandL .personally I see no reason why they wouldn't do it? Just booked Bilbao Spain can't wait to see them and RandL would be the cherry on the top. would be an excellent Sub for RHCP

We wish Pixies would play R&L but they wont

1 hour ago, DirtyChorizo said:

fair enough, they are a quality band.

Listened to Drones yet?

Edited by justanothername

14 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Well I do go to Uni in Manchester and when I'm not there I'm back home near Sheffield so that may have something to with it :P

Listened to Drones yet?

Psycho and dead inside are good but I agree it was a sub-par album for muse. Still doesn't mean they are not a quality band. Better than the stone roses, lead singer has the vocals of a throat cancer victim.

20 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Listened to Drones yet?

Haha, ah that makes sense then!

Thank you, I love all of their/Mike Cortada's artwork! :D

Any thoughts on Radiohead perhaps, given their recent announcements?

24 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

Psycho and dead inside are good but I agree it was a sub-par album for muse. Still doesn't mean they are not a quality band. Better than the stone roses, lead singer has the vocals of a throat cancer victim.

dead inside was the worst track off it IMO, still, nice of you to make a joke about cancer victims.

15 minutes ago, conroy17 said:

dead inside was the worst track off it IMO, still, nice of you to make a joke about cancer victims.

sorry didn't realize we had the politically correct enforcement agency in here. i'm sure throat cancer victims all around the world will be offended all round the world. I've had family members die from cancer. doesn't mean you can't have a joke involving it, the premise of the joke is how shit Ian's voice is, not how great cancer is.

39 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

Muse haven't done a good album since 2006 so I'd say that sub-par for a Muse album isn't very good. Also Psycho and Dead Inside were the two most bland songs on that album. The Handler, Reapers and Defector were good but everything else was either boring or garbage. 

33 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

Thank you, I love all of their/Mike Cortada's artwork! :D

Any thoughts on Radiohead perhaps, given their recent announcements?

I can't disagree with that :P

Also sorry to say again that Radiohead are extremely unlikely. But now you've brought up my hopes for Radiohead subbed by Muse

19 minutes ago, conroy17 said:

31 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Muse haven't done a good album since 2006 so I'd say that sub-par for a Muse album isn't very good. Also Psycho and Dead Inside were the two most bland songs on that album. The Handler, Reapers and Defector were good but everything else was either boring or garbage. 

2nd law was average, resistance was one of their best albums... regardless, they'll play their "greatest hits" at a festival which will include mostly things from before 06.

Edited by DirtyChorizo

I would like to hear Stone Roses cover of this 

My opinion on this Stone Roses vs Muse is that Muse blows them out of the water now and I like both of them. Stone Roses have one amazing album and one okay album and they are just a cash grab band now, they are not even trying to justify touring by releasing something or even attempting to write a new song and yes, their concerts are not that good now. Only good thing about it is that they are playing good songs so it's great singalong and stuff but performing is bad or I should say worse than before. It's not about singing and range that made Stone Roses good but Ian is so bad now it's painful to listen and their songs are not exactly hard to sing. 

Muse has 3 amazing albums, 2 good ones and 2 okay ones. They are always trying something new even if it's not that good like Unsustainable. Their live production is always amazing, even the drones looks okay (yeah they can't move fast but that's because they are not allowed to) and they sometimes play poppy setlists which sucks.

TL;DR
Both of them are not what they're used to be but Muse somehow still rocks and Stone Roses not so much

Edited by Nicklord

8 hours ago, DirtyChorizo said:

sorry didn't realize we had the politically correct enforcement agency in here. i'm sure throat cancer victims all around the world will be offended all round the world. I've had family members die from cancer. doesn't mean you can't have a joke involving it, the premise of the joke is how shit Ian's voice is, not how great cancer is.

excellent, now it's not just gazza receiving on-sight downvotes

15 hours ago, oli98 said:

Pixies are gunna be around Europe at the time, reading though the forum most people are saying they are unlikely to do RandL .personally I see no reason why they wouldn't do it? Just booked Bilbao Spain can't wait to see them and RandL would be the cherry on the top. would be an excellent Sub for RHCP

They haven't done it the last few times they've been in Europe during the Summer, and they certainly wouldn't sub.

10 hours ago, oli98 said:

Not sure, Ian sounds like my Dad doing Karaoke. I doubt 20 years would have improved his vocals... 

Might have just been a one-off shitty performance but I doubt a 2016 reformation will be much better

That's pretty irrelevant, the quality of their live performances isn't in question (everyone knows Ian Brown has shitty vocals now and had shitty vocal 20 years ago).

25 minutes ago, devilman said:

Muse were fantastic at Download 15. And their rendition of Citizen Erased there was better than that one but then agin it might be because it was the first time they have played it for me in 6 times of asking :)

That was a great moment! I too had been patiently waiting to see them play Citizen Erased, so I was over the moon when they started playing it. Their whole set was great at Download, much better than their current setlists as part of their world tour.

Add in Assassin, Map of the Problematique, Bliss and Sunburn and it would have been almost perfect.

9 hours ago, DirtyChorizo said:

I think it's just the fact that if you're making cancer jokes anywhere you're likely a bit of a bellend, rather than us being the 'politically correct enforcement agency '. Sorry to break it to you.

8 hours ago, DirtyChorizo said:

resistance was one of their best albums... 

Bloody hell bring back the cancer jokes.

Caught the whole Muse set at Rock Werchter where they played Citizen Erased. It was amazing. Reapers followed by Stockholm Syndrome was incredible too.

I think they tried playing Assassin live on their current US tour but Matt forgot how to play it on guitar!

25 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

it was their gig at Ulster Hall, Belfast, last year. 

That's the one. I reckon I stumbled on it watching a blooper video a couple of weeks ago.
Would've hated hearing the first 10 second played and then them giving up!