Lineup 2016

Matt42

1 hour ago, Biogeneric said:

Cammers is right, it was their gig at Ulster Hall, Belfast, last year. I think it was more around the fact they hadn't played it in 8 years to be honest.

Realistically, it's not an easy song for the band to perform live at all, always an impressive number when they do though.

ehhhhh it's only hard on Dom, and even then it shouldn't trouble him THAT much

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Patronising response incoming, baby, honey, bubba 

I can't wait for it

22 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

Agreed.

Origin Of Symmetry > Absolution > Showbiz > Black Holes & Revelations > Drones > Resistance > The 2nd Law.

Showbiz and Absolution are close for me.

Just swap The Resistance and The 2nd Law around and that would be my order

11 minutes ago, conroy17 said:

Origin & Absolution are good albums, Black Holes is alright, aside from that Muse haven't done anything that's even half-decent

Pretty much this, I didn't see the need to change what was working very well for them with Absolution and then BH&R except maybe lean a little back towards Absolution. I can't say I haven't seen them multiple times though and will just see something else this year.

8 minutes ago, conroy17 said:

Origin of Symmetry > Absolution > Black Holes & Revelations > DirtyChorizo's cancer jokes > I.S.I.S. > Showbiz > Resistance > The 2nd Law > Drones

I upvoted because I lol'd. But why is Showbiz so low?! Some great songs on that album (although, conversely, some very weak songs too).

1 hour ago, Biogeneric said:

I upvoted because I lol'd. But why is Showbiz so low?! Some great songs on that album (although, conversely, some very weak songs too).

Showbiz seems a little too OTT for me; always felt as if it was trying too hard as if Bellamy was insisting ''look at how high-pitched I can scream'', ''look at this guitar solo I can do''

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Showbiz is best. Feels kinda dated now though.

Very rarely listen to it nowadays but when I do I think wow, what happened to those guys, they used to be brilliant. Apart from the occasional glimpse of the times before they disappeared up their own arses, they ceased to exist after Absolution.

8 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

I think it's just the fact that if you're making cancer jokes anywhere you're likely a bit of a bellend, rather than us being the 'politically correct enforcement agency '. Sorry to break it to you.

Bloody hell bring back the cancer jokes.

your joke was literally as much of a joke about cancer as mine. Why are we focusing on whether or not i used cancer in a joke on this thread, it's so irrelevant. My original point was that I think Foals, RHCP, Muse would be my favorite line up. For those saying foals aren't big enough, They headline bestival which is roughly the same size as reading so i think it's perfectly reasonable to say they have a chance

35 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

your joke was literally as much of a joke about cancer as mine. Why are we focusing on whether or not i used cancer in a joke on this thread, it's so irrelevant. My original point was that I think Foals, RHCP, Muse would be my favorite line up. For those saying foals aren't big enough, They headline bestival which is roughly the same size as reading so i think it's perfectly reasonable to say they have a chance

I still stand by Foals not being big enough for R&L. If I'm not mistaken, Bestival has around ~35,000 less attendees than Reading, and has a generally weaker set of headliners each year. Foals were 3rd down last time they played Reading in 2013 - have they really progressed substantially enough to warrant a sole headline slot?

Backed up by another co-headliner (as rumoured, Disclosure, if that goes ahead) seems more plausible, but even still, I think I'd be disappointed. If, of course, the final headline act is exceptional (I.e. Muse, as per your example), then I completely understand the decision and will still be very happy overall.

Just my opinion guys, we've all got them!

32 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

I still stand by Foals not being big enough for R&L. If I'm not mistaken, Bestival has around ~35,000 less attendees than Reading, and has a generally weaker set of headliners each year. Foals were 3rd down last time they played Reading in 2013 - have they really progressed substantially enough to warrant a sole headline slot?

Backed up by another co-headliner (as rumoured, Disclosure, if that goes ahead) seems more plausible, but even still, I think I'd be disappointed. If, of course, the final headline act is exceptional (I.e. Muse, as per your example), then I completely understand the decision and will still be very happy overall.

2014 bestival was 79k, and i believe reading was 90,000 so about an 11k difference which is not really that much. And although i dislike disclosure in general, I concede that makes it it more likely for foals to co-headline. Also foals got an absolutely incredible reception in the tent when they played in 2015, I urge you to watch it if you have not seen it.

What went down, was for me their best album and holy fire as second which really showed progress to me, what went down, mountain at my gate, snake oil, night swimmers, a knife in the ocean, are all great tracks.

Edited by DirtyChorizo

21 minutes ago, conroy17 said:

I think Foals will draw just as big a crowd as Libertines managed; especially if Disclosure are co-headlining with them

If we're using last year's lineup as a benchmark then that upsets me greatly. Although I don't think you're wrong.

16 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

2014 bestival was 79k, and i believe reading was 90,000 so about an 11k difference which is not really that much. And although i dislike disclosure in general, I concede that makes it it more likely for foals to co-headline. Also foals got an absolutely incredible reception in the tent when they played in 2015, I urge you to watch it if you have not seen it.

What went down, was for me their best album and holy fire as second which really showed progress to me, what went down, mountain at my gate, snake oil, night swimmers, a knife in the ocean, are all great tracks.

Oops my mistake, I've barely looked into Bestival since a few years back, swear the capacity was only around 50k 4/5 years ago?

I just personally find them very bland and I have doubts around the 'wow' factor that they will bring to the headline stage.

Perhaps I'm wrong, they might headline, be phenomenal and no one will question their headline potential again. I guess that's what we'll find out!

Edited by Biogeneric

one of the things I like most about R&L is that it gives acts a chance to step up to headliner where other festivals might not risk it so even if Foals don't end up being avid headliners after this I'll be glad they got a go at least

17 minutes ago, conroy17 said:

one of the things I like most about R&L is that it gives acts a chance to step up to headliner where other festivals might not risk it so even if Foals don't end up being avid headliners after this I'll be glad they got a go at least

I can't argue with that!

At this point anyway, I've just got my fingers crossed for the third headliner.

2 hours ago, Biogeneric said:

Nah, Foals are big enough. They could do it on their own if they really needed too

1 hour ago, conroy17 said:

I think Foals will draw just as big a crowd as Libertines managed; especially if Disclosure are co-headlining with them

Apart from ticket sales how would Foals co headlining with Disclosure affect the size their crowd gets?

1 hour ago, DirtyChorizo said:

But bear in mind they also have another 90k at Leeds, but then again Foals will still to a headline slot and yet again we're at an disagreement with a band :P
Antidotes > Total Life Forever > Holy Fire > What Went Down
That's how it should be ;)