Lineup 2016

Matt42

4 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Apart from ticket sales how would Foals co headlining with Disclosure affect the size their crowd gets?

Admittedly this sounds vague and incorrect so feel free to disagree with me but you're bound to get a lot of people going to Disclosure who'd then stick around for Foals / watch Foals before Disclosure- not talking a massive number but it'll just add to the crowd capacity.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, conroy17 said:

Admittedly this sounds vague and incorrect so feel free to disagree with me but you're bound to get a lot of people going to Disclosure who'd then stick around for Foals / watch Foals before Disclosure- not talking a massive number but it'll just add to the crowd capacity.

probably true but i fear this will make a dead crowd when foals play as you'll have a load of house fans listening to foals.

Get ye but I never understood this "I was here for this band, so I guess I'll stick around for the next" especially when there will be a 45 min gap between them. Maybe some people do it but I don't know anyone who does that.

39 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

for me it's What went down>Holy fire>antidotes>total life forever. I think their is an unfair nostalgia attached to any band's first album. But I guess we just like similar bands but like different things from them.

I wouldn't say their is an unfair nostalgia attached as I only got into them when Holy Fire came out (that was my favourite album for a bit) and now I just prefer the older stuff. But Late Night and What Went Down are two of my favourite Foals songs.

1 minute ago, DirtyChorizo said:

probably true but i fear this will make a dead crowd when foals play as you'll have a load of house fans listening to foals.

If this does happen just go to the front area and it'll be fine. 

38 minutes ago, justanothername said:

I wouldn't say their is an unfair nostalgia attached as I only got into them when Holy Fire came out (that was my favourite album for a bit) and now I just prefer the older stuff. But Late Night and What Went Down are two of my favourite Foals songs.

If this does happen just go to the front area and it'll be fine. 

i suppose i'll be fine as me and my mates usually get to the main stage a fair while before the headline act so we're only 5-7 rows from the front. even so it just "feels" better (terminology is a bit arbitrary)  if i know the rest of the crowd is jumping when I am.

also, I feel the vaccines are overdue for a reading performance, they were solid in 2012.

Edited by DirtyChorizo

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

Get ye but I never understood this "I was here for this band, so I guess I'll stick around for the next" especially when there will be a 45 min gap between them. Maybe some people do it but I don't know anyone who does that.

Yeah I don't do it but you forget how many people attend festivals like Leeds and actually haven't heard half the acts- I know plenty of people who've gone and seen someone by the main stage or the nme stage for no other reason than the act they wanted to see being on after them.

1 hour ago, LondonTom said:

Musestep

Yeah I don't do it but you forget how many people attend festivals like Leeds and actually haven't heard half the acts- I know plenty of people who've gone and seen someone by the main stage or the nme stage for no other reason than the act they wanted to see being on after them.

I always thought that most of these people didn't bother seeing acts they never heard of. Anyway if they're headlining I would have thought that people would have heard of them or one of the other headliners on the other stages.

5 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Gorillaz anyone?

Probably not. See them doing a festival like Bestival or Latitude if they're doing any dates next year

51 minutes ago, justanothername said:

I always thought that most of these people didn't bother seeing acts they never heard of. Anyway if they're headlining I would have thought that people would have heard of them or one of the other headliners on the other stages.

someone who camped with us in 2014 genuinely had no idea who QOTSA were so I guess it does happen

8 hours ago, conroy17 said:

someone who camped with us in 2014 genuinely had no idea who QOTSA were so I guess it does happen

Yeah I know someone who had never heard of QOTSA but she went to see the Pendulum DJ Set (and tried to with me that she has actually seen Pendulum)

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

For all you Weezer fans on here

12400746_10153199745992273_8158601992648029044_n.jpg

Of course it is when I'm not in Manchester ffs

ents24 says those Weezer tickets are £40 each, although all the others are saying ''TBC''

don't get me wrong I'd pay that but seems a little steep for an academy gig.

only the other day I was talking to a mate how there's only 3 bands I really need to cross off my bucket list- Weezer, Stone Roses & Pixies; I just need Pixies to announce some shows now

38 minutes ago, conroy17 said:

ents24 says those Weezer tickets are £40 each, although all the others are saying ''TBC''

don't get me wrong I'd pay that but seems a little steep for an academy gig.

only the other day I was talking to a mate how there's only 3 bands I really need to cross off my bucket list- Weezer, Stone Roses & Pixies; I just need Pixies to announce some shows now

Last time they played Brixton it came in at over £50 a ticket.

Edited by mrtourette