Lineup 2016

Matt42

Just now, meepmoop said:

Starting to be convinced it might actually be Guns again...

who out of the suggested headliners would persuade people here to buy a ticket? Thinking only really Guns or Biffy myself

I've already got a ticket, but out of the ones suggested recently I'd be happiest with Muse (if they aren't at Glasto) or Biffy. Guns N' Roses.. meh.. I'd see them if there wasn't anything else I fancied on other stages.  I really have no interest in Kanye or Stone Roses so I'm hoping R&L stay clear of them.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

who out of the suggested headliners would persuade people here to buy a ticket? Thinking only really Guns or Biffy myself

Maybe Foals, maybe Kanye, maybe Biffy and probably Muse if they're not at Glasto. Would depend on the rest of the lineup and most likely only be a day ticket. 

I will also consider the RHCP day.

3 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

We know from last year foals have a big following, twin that with disclosure you get a wider and slightly different audience for little money- Guns would be suitable to draw another different crowd in, it would be huge, plus adding it with rhcp as well would bring more weekend tickets I'd imagine (can't see many seeing either chillis or GnR, would be foolish to not see both for my two pence) but this is basing it on the assumption that foals/disclosure is a definite 

30 minutes ago, atomised said:

Guns n roses vegas dates are april 8th and.9th. Handy. Im out there for a week from the 5th

I did wonder the other week of GNR shows would be pre Coachella given it was daid about them being one of the 1st, playing after would of made them a few more acts down on the list.

17 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

Biffy might with a solid lineup but the fact they're likely to do an arena tour later in the year that will have a date somewhere close enough to me doesn't make it a cert, it woulf be a reformed Pendulum that would do it more so. GNR aren't likely to that as less big outdoor shows will cover the cost. The one thing against GNR I think is, are they going to be okay with day tickets being sold at £60 each only.

Edited by thewayiam

28 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

In order of preference;

1. Foo Fighters
  2. Biffy Clyro
  3. Muse

I would put Muse first, but I saw them again at Download last year, and then seeing them again in April so I'd rather mix it up a bit!

Edited by Biogeneric

23 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I did wonder the other week of GNR shows would be pre Coachella given it was daid about them being one of the 1st, playing after would of made them a few more acts down on the list.

Biffy might with a solid lineup but the fact they're likely to do an arena tour later in the year that will have a date somewhere close enough to me doesn't make it a cert, it woulf be a reformed Pendulum that would do it more so. GNR aren't likely to that as less big outdoor shows will cover the cost. The one thing against GNR I think is, are they going to be okay with day tickets being sold at £60 each only.

Doubt they will care as long as they get the fee.they want

3 hours ago, conroy17 said:

Hoping they give Mastodon & Glassjaw LU/Pit headlining slots.

Titus Andronicus & Title Fight would be incredible bookings, couldn't see them ever booking TWIABP though.

And I reckon they're gonna give Wonder Years a main stage slot this year.

Mastodon are headlining Bloodstock but I can't see anything about it being an exclusive so maybe. Also I reckon TWIABP have a chance now as Daniel P Carter is the on who books acts for The Pit (I still think he does) and he has played them a few times on his show (the same goes for Deafheaven so maybe this is the year Deafheaven play R&L :P )

Also I know that The Wonder Years are probably going to be on the main but I'd prefer them high on The Lock Up. Would be incredible in there

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

TSSF, Gnarwolves, La Dispute and FYS would be awesome! Might be a long shot, but I'd be really happy with A Great Big Pile Of Leaves showing up. 

I also agree that I can see The Wonder Years getting a Main Stage slot. 

A Great Big Pile Of Leaves is a fantastic band name, going to listen to them based on that. Also I forgot to add letive. and Every Time I Die to my list so those too would be just great

1 hour ago, meepmoop said:

One of Foals, Biffy or Muse would mean I probably get a ticket. I only really want one main headliner I like anyway, been drawn to the acts lower down in the past two years, particularly on the Lock Up

4 hours ago, conroy17 said:

Hoping they give Mastodon & Glassjaw LU/Pit headlining slots.

Titus Andronicus & Title Fight would be incredible bookings, couldn't see them ever booking TWIABP though.

And I reckon they're gonna give Wonder Years a main stage slot this year.

Going to watch Glassjaw in airtight supporting Coheed and ?Cambria.

Will report back

3 minutes ago, charley said:

Agreed, that was my thought.

They're a great band. Would probably be more likely for the NME tent though, I think. But would be happy with them anywhere. 

Listen to the album 'Have You Seen My Prefrontal Cortex?'. 

Edited by Andre91

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I'm hoping some bands gets announced for The Pit/Lock Up this month. 

Any of these would do me fine: Parkway Drive, Thrice, Deez Nuts, Grader, Real Friends, Creeper, Modern Baseball, Glassjaw, Man Overboard.

I can see the lockup stage lineup this year looking something like this: Soical Distortion, Brian Fallon, The king blues, Zebrahead, Modern baseball, Creeper, Turnstile + 6 or 7 less well known bands before them, Spraynard probably playing somewhere towards the start of the day.

8 hours ago, Shaun182 said:

I can see the lockup stage lineup this year looking something like this: Soical Distortion, Brian Fallon, The king blues, Zebrahead, Modern baseball, Creeper, Turnstile + 6 or 7 less well known bands before them, Spraynard probably playing somewhere towards the start of the day.

nah I've heard the ''6 or 7 less well known bands'' are all at Download

Just how big would another ATDI reunion be? Last time they headlined the NME to a really, really small crowd, or so I've heard. Where would they be this time? Are they really much bigger than Refused and too big to be a Lock-Up headliner? Or would they play the same kind of slot Alexisonfire played last year? 

I personally wouldn't mind seeing them, and they would be so much better in a tent. Unless they are totally uninterested like the videos of their last reunion shows, in which case I'd give them a swerve before the set finished. 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

Well the Manchester weezer presale was a fuck up of epic proportions haha 

You failed I presume?, London should have been only a coupel of quid extra really.

9 minutes ago, conroy17 said:

I'd rather ATDI headlined LU but reckon they'd be too big for it; if they did play they'd get ''The Alexisonfire slot''

I think they should be about 5th down main but AOF should have been at least that far down too so I suspect you're right. The bonus is that ATDI are a much better band.