Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

Nope, the high causes the rain to fragment when it hits the UK - simply sporadic light showers.

You're forgetting to add together all the rain that's supposed to land relatively evenly across the South-West for the next month to find the true figure for the rain that will dump itself on Worthy Farm on Friday.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Onto the 18Z update....

Good news. And not so good news.

Weds and Thurs in the bag now. Friday is markedly warmer than it was and probably is a little drier. But the downside is that it now forecasts showers practically all day on Sunday with the very close threat of something more than light showers (especially early morning through to morning). That Sunday is being a real pisser, but still a lot of time for that to change.

Weds: No rain, max temp stable at 21, pressure stable.

Thurs: No rain, max temp a degree lower at 22, pressure stable.

Fri: Light showers hitting the site about 1pm, so later than in the earlier run. Again minimal threat to the north to make matters any worse. Those light showers now only set to be around til roughly 9pm so improvement. Really minimal rain. Max temps three degrees higher 23 (that's five degrees higher than two runs earlier), pressure stable.

Sat: Same as earlier with the chance of a few very light showers in the afternoon but really not amounting to anything at all, and certainly nothing to even remotely worry about. Temps stable at 20, pressure a little lower than earlier.

Sun: This is more about the risk as much as what is in the direct forecast. Showers now skirting literally just north of the site from 3am. The patch from 3am to 9am has the threat of being some heavier stuff, so we wouldn't want that tracking south from Wales where it is currently hitting. We remain on the cusp of worse rain, but at present only get light rain but it will last until around 7pm before clearing. There is the definite threat of some persistent stuff until early afternoon, again which is currently hitting Wales, which we really don't want to be hitting us. After 7pm there is not a drop of rain across England! Max temp has dipped back down a degree to 16 (bloody hell), but pressure stable.

Edited by briddj

You will need them. Surely being a Spurs fan, you know the worst is going to happen?! COYS

Very true!

I'm taking them but hopefully I won't need them. The forecast is looking a bit better today. Rain only Sunday now.

Walking boots for me....served me well last yesr even in the mud....less chance of them being sucked off and less chance of sweaty boot rash anyway even if its raining haha muddy legs i can deal with! Sweaty itchy uncomfy boots? Nope!

Yeah I'm taking my walking boots too. Only time they ever get a run out is at Glastonbury so I'm hoping just to wear them the whole time. Well, until the ground gets cut up on Sunday.