Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

I asked this question around this time last year, and got some good mixed responses:

Theoretically, how much would you pay for the guarantee of no rain over the full duration of the festival?

I think right now I'd stretch to £200.

I don't think it's as simple as saying no rain.

I'd rather have one short shower with 23 degrees and sunny skies for the rest of the festival than bone dry, 16 degrees every day complete with heavy cloud and wind.

I'd pay £100 for it to be better than 2014 though.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is absolutely certain between next Wednesday and Monday - there will be rain at Glastonbury. The make or break is how much...and we just won't know the answer to that till we're there on the ground.

Without trying to be confrontational, stopwn1981, rain at Glastonbury between next Wednesday and the following Monday is possible, probable, even likely, but it is most definitely not absolutely certain! The sun rising every morning and setting every evening is possibly the only thing that can legitimately be described as 'absolutely certain'!

If Bill pisses off and the high pressure remains, there is a reasonable chance of a cloudy, slightly dull, but entirely dry Glastonbury.

Life is fun when your glass is a half full!

:)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

I asked this question around this time last year, and got some good mixed responses:

Theoretically, how much would you pay for the guarantee of no rain over the full duration of the festival?

I think right now I'd stretch to £200.

I'd pay enough to be part of a collective raising sufficient for Michael to destroy the atmosphere with cloud busting chemicals for 5 days!

Ben

I will start taking this seriously on about Monday I think, until then this is one of the most infuriatingly addictive and entertaining reads I think I've ever had thanks to the mass outbreak of paranoid panic blowing in from the East whenever there's a slightly negative forecast.

The sun rising every morning and setting every evening is possibly the only thing that can legitimately be described as 'absolutely certain'!

Nope. The Sun could be destroyed overnight and it wont rise as a consequence, so its not absolutely certain, but it is of course extremely likely

"Absolutely Certain"? Probably death is the only thing approaching absolute certainty we can be sure of universally..............but then thats up for debate too isnt it?

Maybe the only true certainty in the universe is that there is no absolute certainty? ;) 

"Absolutely Certain"? Probably death is the only thing approaching absolute certainty we can be sure of universally..............but then thats up for debate too isnt it?

Maybe the only true certainty in the universe is that there is no absolute certainty? ;)

The only true certainty in the world is what my mechanic says, and i quote "if its got tits or tyres it will cost you money"