Coachella

mccdyl001

11 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Altho I was told by the LA Times that the Sahara tent was for up and coming bands, don't know why Blink are on that one. And early too.

They're a late 'surprise' addition. Arcade Fire were added in a similar slot last year when the timetables were released

12 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Altho I was told by the LA Times that the Sahara tent was for up and coming bands, don't know why Blink are on that one. And early too.

Sahara is a dance tent? Its been there years and isn't up and coming either

Not sure what you read but the acts after Blink are not bands lol

there's basically no bands on it all weekend infact

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Was just looking it up... it says DJ driven but Blackpink and Madonna played there before and Blink??

So, to summarise the thread and give my conclusion. The 2 festivals do not compare at all. They have some comparable elements like they both have music and people generally have a good time. Otherwise they are a different type of festival catering for different sets of people, maybe cultural. Neither better than the other just different which is great. 

Bit like my Auntie Pat and Auntie Shelia. Very different people and experience to be around. But both fucking lovely

Edited by fred quimby
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gfa said:

1 hour ago, swillis89 said:

They're a late 'surprise' addition. Arcade Fire were added in a similar slot last year when the timetables were released

Was in the park, wrote bands as a placeholder for artist or performer or whatever, really.

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

So, to summarise the thread and give my conclusion. The 2 festivals do not compare at all. They have some comparable elements like they both have music and people generally have a good time. Otherwise they are a different type of festival catering for different sets of people, maybe cultural. Neither better than the other just different which is great. 

Bit like my Auntie Pat and Auntie Shelia. Very different people and experience to be around. But both fucking lovely

You are incredibly diplomatic and kind 🙂

This thread was an absolute romp, really improved my train journey.

I do think the fact that 2/3 of Coachella’s headliners aren’t exclusively English language artists is super interesting. Very indicative of how increasingly hybridised and decreasingly Anglo-centric the mainstream is becoming.

Also that map with the prioritised car camping should be on the money under ‘In God We Trust’. 

On 4/12/2015 at 12:08 AM, bennyboi said:

It was a few years ago and I was genuinely worried about any parfanalia being found and triggering a more intense search.

You live & learn

WHO’S GOING TO BURNING MAN ?

On 4/12/2015 at 11:37 AM, thewayiam said:

As I say I think there is more to it than just the festivals choice. Europe generally has no strict rules though Opener does I believe.

who’s going to Coachella ?

5 hours ago, On The Blend said:

This thread was an absolute romp, really improved my train journey.

I do think the fact that 2/3 of Coachella’s headliners aren’t exclusively English language artists is super interesting. Very indicative how increasingly hybridised and decreasingly Anglo-centric the mainstream is becoming.

Also that map with the prioritised car camping should be on the money under ‘In God We Trust’. 

who’s going to Coachella?

32 minutes ago, stuie said:

Looks shit mate. 

You say that now, but wait til later when someone gets their taco knocked out of their hand by a wayward hacky sack, and spills it on someone's else Shrek blanket, and it'll all go off big style.

13 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

who are you talking to here ? yourself ? 

I'm not entirely unconvinced that Supre isn't some kind of AI bot.

Not one of the modern ones like ChatGPT or Bard, obviously. But some earlier prototype before they added the ability to recognise context and nuance.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

Out of interest is the ticket sale time as frenzied as glastonbury? 

Tickets still available now for W2 - been on sale since January.