Coachella

mccdyl001

6 hours ago, Olshansky said:

Damn I hadn't realized it didnt sell out.  

I think the two weekend thing is dumb, personally. It's a cash grab for the promoter, and prohibits musicians from hitting other california markets on their tour.  

Actually a lot of artists play shows in other markets between the two weekends.  San Francisco always gets a mini-chella during the week.  

19 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

Wow. Its not my cup of tea but with the whole of America you would have thought it would at least sell out

This year is particularly lacking in excitement, despite what the efestivals resident Bad Bunny fanclub will tell you, but it was only a matter of time until the meh headliners they’ve been booking since the Beyoncé year started affecting their ticket sales. They could do with pulling a Taylor Swift set out of the bag next year ideally. Glastonbury is very lucky that it doesn’t need the biggest stars on the planet in the same way (although obvs they help). 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I dunno. Not much wrong with Billie, Hazza and The Weeknd as a trio last year (I know the latter was a last minute botch job).

Fine for the tweens but not much for the parents who have to foot the bill to dig their teeth into. From the first year it expanded to two weekends through to Beyoncé’s year there was always at least one older-skewing act. If they went back to that balance rather than blowing the entire budget on the latest K-Pop sensation or whoever then I’m sure demand would go back to being what it was before. 

Jeez now I know why he’s called Bad Bunny. They should get Good Bunny next time. This set is execrable. 

Also does anyone actually listen to Yungblud? And, if so, why? He’s like a version of Blink 182 dreamt up by an AI algorithm running on a pocket calculator. 

Edited by JudgeGrumpy
  • Upvote 4

Turned on the stream for Bad Bunny when Post Malone was with him. Technical issues with the guitar. 

Big Tricky with Beyonce vibes. Except it was like there was 2 Trickys having no idea what to do.

It’s also like they miked up the smoke machine rather than Post Malone’s guitar.

Edited by aidenlangan95

46 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

From the 5 minutes I watched of bad bunny I can confirm I do not get it. Looks absolutely terrible

Yep - really awful.  Just watched a bit to see what the fuss is about - concluded it’s definitely not for me.  Really don’t get it at all - hard to listen to.