announcement

eFestivals

I always worry for the day that they have one of those from Glastonbury. Just info'd the latest episode and turns out its from Frequency Festival in Austria apparently.

'Bloody foreigners', the Austrians will say, 'coming over here and ruining our festivals'.

I'm pleased they don't do one following the parents with the kids watching us !

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Areas that could easily still get their own announcement:

Arcadia, Shangri La, Beat Hotel, West Holts, The Park (thinking more Stonebridge Bar etc than the park stage), Williams Green, Glasto Latino, Unfair Ground, Green Fields.

take your pick.... In terms of areas that need highlighting to draw people away from the more popular areas and to give them what they deserve I would personally give the Green Fields and the Beat Hotel their own announcements. Arcadia and Shangri La are the last places that need even more attention drawing to them these days as they are already massively over subscribed.

Park and west holts will come with the full lineup, unfair ground and glasto latino are too small. Williams Green another possibility altho often have bands that play twice so will probably drop with the main announce.

PSB are really good live, seen them a few years ago supporting New Order at Jodrell Bank - what an amazing gig that was!! Clashes pending will be seeing these :)

That was head and shoulders the best gig I have ever been to. The Whip were also fantastic on that day and are a vastly under rated band.

Areas that could easily still get their own announcement:

Arcadia, Shangri La, Beat Hotel, West Holts, The Park (thinking more Stonebridge Bar etc than the park stage), Williams Green, Glasto Latino, Unfair Ground, Green Fields.

take your pick.... In terms of areas that need highlighting to draw people away from the more popular areas and to give them what they deserve I would personally give the Green Fields and the Beat Hotel their own announcements. Arcadia and Shangri La are the last places that need even more attention drawing to them these days as they are already massively over subscribed.

Park and west holts will come with the full lineup, unfair ground and glasto latino are too small. Williams Green another possibility altho often have bands that play twice so will probably drop with the main announce.

I was thinking it'd be the Acoustic Stage tomorrow. I know it's not an 'area' but as the actual areas go I think Green Fields tend to announce a bit later than the full lineup comes out, Shangri La said end of May, Park as you said may get announced with full lineup so there might only be Unfairground or just different stages like Arcadia or Beat Hotel as you've said.

Mind you I think someone already mentioned some stages/areas have said that their lineup would come out this week so it'll probably be one of those.

That was head and shoulders the best gig I have ever been to. The Whip were also fantastic on that day and are a vastly under rated band.

Yep The Whip were great too as been meaning to see them for ages....the whole day was amazing tbh as never been to that venue before - the weather, the lineup, all the science stuff, fantastic real ale selection, the satellite projections and obviously the great lineup just made it the best!! We even got our alien Bob on the official pictures lol

I would love to see a gig there again

Jon Hopkins also officially counted out of being in The Glade again, which at least means less chance of him clashing.

I was thinking this. So Park or West Holts surely? Anyone see him being booked anywhere else?

I'm in two minds about the staggered announcements. I like focusing on the individual stages more but I too don't feel I can get excited until I know days and times. Also it's bloody close now! I'm not desperate for more names, would just like to know if I can see the names I'm already attached to.

Gotta be next week for the full line up surely...

His website and Efests have him down as Saturday though.

I think he could headline Park but I don't want him to clash with funkadelic :(

If he headlines the park on the saturday, the potential Hopkins, Leftfield, PSB clash is annoying.

Last year my sunday headliner choice was limited whilst I had at least 4 really good options on Friday and at least 3 on the Saturday.

I hope it isn't the same again. I have seen the Chems 4 times, if nothing grabs me I will again, but I'm hoping for something new

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Someone on here said they had word that was the case.

I am just taking them on that word (which might be false)

Leftfield are an act I really want to see. I know I'll be watching them. I expect that tent to be rammed too. Get there early for a good spot.

Damn really want to see Funkadelic.

Damn really want to see Funkadelic.

I had even forgotten about Funkadelic..

Headliner clashes for me (as it stands from what we assume)

Fri: SFA, Hot Chip

Saturday: PSB, Hopkins, Funkadelic, Leftfield

Sunday: Chems

Seriously hoping Suede are sunday night in the JP, but they'll probably be on saturday too.

I had even forgotten about Funkadelic..

Headliner clashes for me (as it stands from what we assume)

Fri: SFA, Hot Chip

Saturday: PSB, Hopkins, Funkadelic, Leftfield

Sunday: Chems

Seriously hoping Suede are sunday night in the JP, but they'll probably be on saturday too.

Didn't someone say The Glade headliners are on after the main stage headliners? Hoping to dash over from one of the main stages (probably JP if it's Suede) and catch PSB. Glade's not exactly huge though, can see it being heaving.

Didn't someone say The Glade headliners are on after the main stage headliners? Hoping to dash over from one of the main stages (probably JP if it's Suede) and catch PSB. Glade's not exactly huge though, can see it being heaving.

No, I checked the clashfinder yesterday. The Glade is open later but there's a DJ on last. From memory, if you're at the Other you might be able to catch the end (I did this with the Levellers are Orbital once) but not from the Pyramid I'm afraid.

don't think he's big enough. Four Tet subbed The Park last year, and i'd have them at about the same level?

Selfishly I hope he's not big enough so he subs Park and I can see both. Leftfield and Funkadelic still a bitch of a clash though.

So far I'm okay apart from that... Hot Chip on Friday. Nothing grabbing me on Sunday for the third year running but I'd give Who or Chems a go. Seen the latter before though in 2011.