announcement

eFestivals

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any idea as to who the west holts Sunday headliner is?

Maybe Grace Jones but maybe still to be announced.

I believe Neil has said in the West Holts thread that his best guess would be Grace Jones, but it would only be that.. a guess.

So, do we think we'll defo get something else announced today, and if yes, what will it be?

Ben

Just beat me too it Benny. Are we going to get one of the bigger stages/areas, The Park, West Holts maybe?

If PSB play the Glade would it not be later (after midnight) so avoiding any clashes?

... No, I checked the clashfinder yesterday. The Glade is open later but there's a DJ on last. From memory, if you're at the Other you might be able to catch the end (I did this with the Levellers are Orbital once) but not from the Pyramid I'm afraid.

I'd like to know what the line-up is so I can start planning for an event I've paid nigh on £300 for. I don't think this makes me a bad or unreasonable person. It's pretty normal to know the line-up of a festival a month before it begins.

You bought a ticket not knowing the line up. They used to announce the line up in the guide when you arrived. Maybe that's a bit old school but perhaps they are trying that again.

In any case, as I've said before on many threads. it's not our festival. It's the Evaiis and they can do what they like.

You want to know... you have no "right" to demand or expect when and where etc. Unless missed something in my ticket t's and c's that mentioned they were bought on the condition the line up was annouced by x date.

what do we actually think the reasoning behind the late announcement is?

to prove a point? embargo? struggled to make bookings with bands having other commitments?

to send us insane?

It's a simple marketing strategy. I know we don't like to think of the festival as a global brand, but they are and this is marketing 101.

Imagine all the stages saying they want more of the social voice this year = strategy let's drip feed each stage to give them each more focus.

If I had to gamble I'd say Strummerville, Glasto Latino or crossiant Neuf next.

I'd've thought these are too small for their own line-up announcements - I'd like to see Heaven/Hell and West Holts most of all, now we've got Avalon, and reckon these are a good size for their own posters.

...or the full thing would make me very happy! Not too keen on the drip drip, I like the overview me, the big picture, but it's each to their own. At least I welcome GF trying something different, keeps it fresh.

You bought a ticket not knowing the line up. They used to announce the line up in the guide when you arrived. Maybe that's a bit old school but perhaps they are trying that again.

In any case, as I've said before on many threads. it's not our festival. It's the Evaiis and they can do what they like.

You want to know... you have no "right" to demand or expect when and where etc. Unless missed something in my ticket t's and c's that mentioned they were bought on the condition the line up was annouced by x date.

Of course it's our festival. Without paying punters they have no festival. It's not 1970 any more.

They're running a business, we're the customer base. It's natural to want to know more info about what we've paid for.

I understand there's no need for nastiness etc, but simply wanting a line-up of a festival we're attending isn't too much to ask.

Of course it's our festival. Without paying punters they have no festival. It's not 1970 any more.

They're running a business, we're the customer base. It's natural to want to know more info about what we've paid for.

I understand there's no need for nastiness etc, but simply wanting a line-up of a festival we're attending isn't too much to ask.

It was also a business in the 1970's.

You're going to get the line-up.

It's already been said - You purchased the ticket not having a single clue who are playing there.

Edited by Stokesy10

1) They used to announce the line up in the guide when you arrived.

2) You want to know... you have no "right" to demand or expect when and where etc. Unless missed something in my ticket t's and c's that mentioned they were bought on the condition the line up was annouced by x date.

1) When? I don't remember this.

2) I haven't made any demands. I just said that as someone who has shelled out a lot of money I would LIKE to know.

Edited by Homer

I don't understand the people getting annoyed at people being annoyed with the festival for not announcing the lineup.

We get it, you're Glastonbury veterans since forever, but surely everyone is entitled to an opinion which is not judged upon? Because the festival is 'More than just the music', well to others it mightn't be!

I'm disappointed at no lineup so far, as it significantly reduces the amount of bands I can find, and possible have a great highlight attending. I've done this a stupid amount of times in my previous years, just means i get less time to decide. Frustration!!