announcement

eFestivals

Of course it's our festival. Without paying punters they have no festival. It's not 1970 any more.

They're running a business, we're the customer base. It's natural to want to know more info about what we've paid for.

I understand there's no need for nastiness etc, but simply wanting a line-up of a festival we're attending isn't too much to ask.

Until they have a problem shifting tickets. The balance is tipped squarely in the Evaiis favour. Yes, they are running a business but for now their model doesn't rely on releasing a line up.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) When? I don't remember this.

2) I haven't made any demands. I just said that as someone who has shelled out a lot of money I would LIKE to know.

Someone who's has been going for many more years than me will remember exactly...I'm sure there's a thread on here which goes through all the years etc. From what I understand releasing the full line up is a modern change.

No, I checked the clashfinder yesterday. The Glade is open later but there's a DJ on last. From memory, if you're at the Other you might be able to catch the end (I did this with the Levellers are Orbital once) but not from the Pyramid I'm afraid.

That's a shame, hopefully they'll be on somewhere else during the day.

Someone who's has been going for many more years than me will remember exactly...I'm sure there's a thread on here which goes through all the years etc. From what I understand releasing the full line up is a modern change.

I can only speak for myself. I've been going since 1994 and I knew the line-up in advance. And for that matter, I decided not to go in 93 because I'd seen the line-up in advance and didn't fancy it.

You bought a ticket not knowing the line up. They used to announce the line up in the guide when you arrived. Maybe that's a bit old school but perhaps they are trying that again.

That's an urban myth. It's another thing Eavis sometimes says they did but they never actually did.

Until they have a problem shifting tickets. The balance is tipped squarely in the Evaiis favour. Yes, they are running a business but for now their model doesn't rely on releasing a line up.

Its simple economics really; supply and demand...

They supply the line-up when they want, and we demand it everyday

don't think he's big enough. Four Tet subbed The Park last year, and i'd have them at about the same level?

Four Tet was and is bigger than Jon Hopkins. This is a man whose Brixton Academy all nighters sell out, with no lineup released, in less than 5 minutes. This is a man who got this arranged for him at Field Day. Jon won't headline the Park.

That's an urban myth. It's another thing Eavis sometimes says they did but they never actually did.

full line every year including stage times? Because let's face it that's what we are talking about.... the Evaiis and some stages have released a poster. But it's not the detailed information we all want.

Edited by Peroni

there used to an advert in the NME etc that said who and on what stage but not days or

times until your got the programme

Four Tet was and is bigger than Jon Hopkins. This is a man whose Brixton Academy all nighters sell out, with no lineup released, in less than 5 minutes. This is a man who got this arranged for him at Field Day. Jon won't headline the Park.

hopkins headlined beacons festival last year and got the same treatment : )

he could headline and it wouldnt be out of place at all. He has played and (possibly) sold out brixton as well

full line every year including stage times? Because let's face it that's what we are talking about.... the Evaiis and some stages have released a poster. But it's not the detailed information we all want.

You seem to want to blame the punters for, gulp, wanting to know who's playing.

It's the festival that releases this information in the way that it does, it's not the fault of the paying public.

I mean, it's not like every single other festival on the planet releases its full line up well in advance....

I don't really care either way, I'd like to see some of the other stages and day splits so I can start planning, but I'm not going to chastise someone for wanting to know what else is on.

Anyway, is it 2pm yet?

hopkins headlined beacons festival last year and got the same treatment : )

he could headline and it wouldnt be out of place at all. He has played and (possibly) sold out brixton as well

Yeah I went to Jon's sold out Brixton show. Didn't sell out very fast at all. Definitely think KH is a bigger deal than Jon but I'm mostly being unnecessarily confident and overly optimistic.

Edited by Tuna

I think people asking for the full lineup are referring to the main 10ish stages with day splits, not the exact stage times of Toad Hall. People saying "well they never used to release the full lineup until you got the program" must know that this isn't what they mean?

To everyone saying "wow, great marketing Glastonbury": is it? Apart from Silver Hayes I've not seen any mention of any of these announcements in any music press. The Glade's twitter announcement got 7 retweets, and just under 100 on the official Glastonbury account. The announcement the webcam was back up and running got over 200. Even if giving the areas their time in the spotlight is a good idea, and I think it probably is, they're just pissing people off with the lack of communication. If they want the areas to have separate identities, why do they not tweet on, for example, a Friday saying "Follow @GladeAreaGlasto for their lineup announcement next week!". Then the specific areas get followers, a clearer identity, a clearer notion that it's THEM announcing THEIR lineup, not just Glastonbury announcing some bands. This way, most people apart from a few guys who've been going since the 90s are getting a bit tetchy to say the least about the lack of lineup, and there seems to be no reason for it. They can announce it whenever they like, but why not at least a bit of communication about what we should be expecting and when? I don't see any reason not to.

You seem to want to blame the punters for, gulp, wanting to know who's playing.

It's the festival that releases this information in the way that it does, it's not the fault of the paying public.

I mean, it's not like every single other festival on the planet releases its full line up well in advance....

I don't really care either way, I'd like to see some of the other stages and day splits so I can start planning, but I'm not going to chastise someone for wanting to know what else is on.

Not at all. More challenging the idea that for money we are spending we should be told.

my opinion is that we paid the deposits and full balances not knowing... that was the deal which we all signed up to.

That said. I get that people would like to know to get the most out of their experience.

I think people asking for the full lineup are referring to the main 10ish stages with day splits, not the exact stage times of Toad Hall. People saying "well they never used to release the full lineup until you got the program" must know that this isn't what they mean?

To everyone saying "wow, great marketing Glastonbury": is it? Apart from Silver Hayes I've not seen any mention of any of these announcements in any music press. The Glade's twitter announcement got 7 retweets, and just under 100 on the official Glastonbury account. The announcement the webcam was back up and running got over 200. Even if giving the areas their time in the spotlight is a good idea, and I think it probably is, they're just pissing people off with the lack of communication. If they want the areas to have separate identities, why do they not tweet on, for example, a Friday saying "Follow @GladeAreaGlasto for their lineup announcement next week!". Then the specific areas get followers, a clearer identity, a clearer notion that it's THEM announcing THEIR lineup, not just Glastonbury announcing some bands. This way, most people apart from a few guys who've been going since the 90s are getting a bit tetchy to say the least about the lack of lineup, and there seems to be no reason for it. They can announce it whenever they like, but why not at least a bit of communication about what we should be expecting and when? I don't see any reason not to.

The music press are reporting on the line up announcements if you look.

Its great marketing. Its more than just getting the big media outlets to write articles.

You've got media outlets linking to the area social media accounts, backlinks to the websites, retweets, likes and comments not just from the main accounts but on the bands and press social media accounts.

Still articles circulating from weeks ago about the kidz field as well as the latest announcements.

You can't go on facebook or twitter without seeing people talking about it.

Do most other major festivals still try and fleece you out of a tenner to find out what time a band is on? Greedy bastards trick that.

Also, the whole 'list of bands but with no particular stage or day' pisses me off. Not with G, as you're there all weekend and have your ticket anyway, but with some of the others.

Do most other major festivals still try and fleece you out of a tenner to find out what time a band is on? Greedy bastards trick that.

Also, the whole 'list of bands but with no particular stage or day' pisses me off. Not with G, as you're there all weekend and have your ticket anyway, but with some of the others.

Bestival hold it back until really late in the hope that you'll stump up.

Edited by Homer

I hope it's not something as weak as Shangri la, after all who cares! It's an area that you wander through when pissed at night, if you've got nothing planned in the daytime you might wander over to see who's playing there, very rarely though.