announcement

eFestivals

The music press are reporting on the line up announcements if you look.

Its great marketing. Its more than just getting the big media outlets to write articles.

You've got media outlets linking to the area social media accounts, backlinks to the websites, retweets, likes and comments not just from the main accounts but on the bands and press social media accounts.

Still articles circulating from weeks ago about the kidz field as well as the latest announcements.

You can't go on facebook or twitter without seeing people talking about it.

I'm on twitter and music websites a fair bit and haven't seen anything apart from Silver Hayes mentioned.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do most other major festivals still try and fleece you out of a tenner to find out what time a band is on? Greedy bastards trick that.

Also, the whole 'list of bands but with no particular stage or day' pisses me off. Not with G, as you're there all weekend and have your ticket anyway, but with some of the others.

no, most announce their times about a week before.

they usually have the final lineup and day breakdowns out several weeks, if not months before.

I hope it's not something as weak as Shangri la, after all who cares! It's an area that you wander through when pissed at night, if you've got nothing planned in the daytime you might wander over to see who's playing there, very rarely though.

Bit harsh like.

The Hell Stage is a reasonable size and there's all the themed bars/their line ups, although admittedly the fun of Shangri La does lie in what can't be written in a line up.

I'm on twitter and music websites a fair bit and haven't seen anything apart from Silver Hayes mentioned.

eFestivals, Stereoboard, Gigwise, Gig Addict, DIY Mag have all been doing regular updates from what I can see. They may have not reported on every announcement but they have caught most of them.

Glastonbury doesn't do the press releases like other festivals, so a lot of the time media outlets will have to source the info themselves from the website or glasto's social media accounts

Edited by craigb

I've interned at a rather large music press company in London, and during last years announcement, one of the team (won't name drop) gets about 24-ish hours notice, and a phone chat with EE a few hours after the announcement.

Day before the initial poster I heard that Jack White was subbing Metallica. EE still refused to point black say but supposedly made a lot of hints on the phone for them, probably to start giving them press and running articles on them in the build up.

If the announcement is tomorrow, they would be to a degree ITK right now with a handful of acts.

Ha and me. All it said on my phone was 28 days...

I genuinely expected there to be a picture of the line up!

At least your getting them, I've got notification turned on with Glastofest and my alerts tone to high and all notifications on but still not getting any of their tweets? :(

could get the "biggy" on Friday?

Silver hayes was announced on a Friday so it's not as if they avoid them!

That would be the dream!

Have my final uni exam on Friday would be great to spend the saturday nursing my hangover looking through the full lineup and making a playlist.