Headliners 2016

thewayiam

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

i think Foos were definitely pencilled in originally, as in after they pulled out last year, but that went to pot soon after as they decided to go on hiatus, which is when i believe Muse will've been drafted in

I think you're right, hence the working off of old information.

If Radiohead had made themselves available a few months sooner I believe they would have been announced as Friday night headliners.

Edit: Or maybe they just don't care about playing/headlining anymore.

Edited by jparx

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

They can have got it correct, but I'll be dead before I give the Daily Mail credit for anything. The twats.

They may have had a really great source, but 'biggest female artist on planet who is also British and was seen at last year's festival is set to headline' is hardly a stab in the dark.

Dated 24 May 2011 - http://www.nme.com/news/adele/56854

"I will not do festivals," she told Q. "The thought of an audience that big frightens the life out of me. I don't think the music would work either. It’s all too slow."

The singer also said that she wasn't keen on playing arenas - despite being booked to play them in the UK later this year. "We had three nights on hold at the O2 [Arena in London]," she said, "and I was like, 'I won’t play a festival. You think I’m gonna play a fucking arena? Are you out of your mind?' I'd rather play 12 years at the Barfly than one night at the 02!"

Just now, CJTM said:

"I will not do festivals," she told Q. "The thought of an audience that big frightens the life out of me. I don't think the music would work either. It’s all too slow."

The singer also said that she wasn't keen on playing arenas - despite being booked to play them in the UK later this year. "We had three nights on hold at the O2 [Arena in London]," she said, "and I was like, 'I won’t play a festival. You think I’m gonna play a fucking arena? Are you out of your mind?' I'd rather play 12 years at the Barfly than one night at the 02!"

So we can all go fuck ourselves for thinking she's boring, yet she admitted herself that her music wouldn't suit a festival. OK!

13 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

My missus just sat there grinning, while looking me in the eye saying "oh baby, we can see whoever you want to see"....... I think she's lying :huh:

You CAN see whoever you want to see.  Unless you're fucking chained together.

2 minutes ago, CJTM said:

at one of her shows in 2011 she mentioned something about playing arenas the following year, but it never materialised, so maybe at the time she meant it and was shit scared, but being the biggest act in the world that's just something you have to get over i guess

7 minutes ago, CJTM said:

so presumably when she gave this interview she completely forgot about her Glastonbury appearance in '07?