Glastocam!

pauladam

20 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

Just came across these from Novmber... think someone lost the "Don't Drive on the Grass" signs 😅

They are from the Bustard Taga Rally, which has happened there in previous years as well.

https://www.mandhphotography.co.uk/p589771432

259953417_2753297651472720_8477403912242126076_n.thumb.jpg.e83a436d0e761ef1819d9d5a8047ff7e.jpg260203084_2753297671472718_8695777141729258327_n.thumb.jpg.cb737d70f231628c662037367a614220.jpg259774742_2753297854806033_3307471103101969936_n.thumb.jpg.035d48b919a5daf7e7b2f47de66104b9.jpgp3848014912-5.thumb.jpg.3f0abbf0cb9dfd7bbcb974b5caba4a9f.jpgp3848002686-5.thumb.jpg.5bdd8214b1037e9bbe54ecde2a855cee.jpg

That’s what my car looks like this morning after returning from driving round the Pilton and Somerset country B roads .  Every car down there was caked in mud.

7 hours ago, kalifire said:

Further thought - now would be the perfect time to put together a visual reveal on the cam, wouldn't it? Like they did for Radiohead (-10). Switch it on and wait for the world to catch up.

I liked that as a reveal but can’t see similar happening  again. … it’s a bit old hat now … so what could be done in an original way… 

1 hour ago, Dukeicon said:

*wait 2 mins for @crazyfool1 to notice

Unfortunately now I have an upstairs and that’s where the desktop with the permanent webcam of the farm now resides … maybe I can get it on my internet tv … I’ll have to see once it comes back on stream …   It is also open on 1 tap on my browser but I’m sure someone will spot changes sooner than me 🙂 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

so when are we getting this back ? 

Be good to get it back in time for the start of the build, seeing the first fence panel going up and activity on site increasing.  Though you have to wonder if they are going to put it back up,it’s been down for a long  time.  The site looked verdant last week, couldn’t really see why having the camera operating would disrespect the privacy but they must have their reasons. Fingers crossed we get it back soon. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Be good to get it back in time for the start of the build, seeing the first fence panel going up and activity on site increasing.  Though you have to wonder if they are going to put it back up,it’s been down for a long  time.  The site looked verdant last week, couldn’t really see why having the camera operating would disrespect the privacy but they must have their reasons. Fingers crossed we get it back soon. 

Emily said we will get it back on twitter a week or so ago .... in the meantime im just reading back this thread from the start ... its stopped working quite a few times already and im only on page 8 🙂 

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I always thought the privacy issue taking it down was for Worthy Pastures last summer so you could not nose at the campers ?

Edited by faymondo

37 minutes ago, faymondo said:

I always thought the privacy issue taking it down was for Worthy Pastures last summer so you could not nose at the campers ?

My feeling is that in this case "privacy" is a shorthand that could cover a variety of things - basically that it was easier to not run it at that point.

It may have changed in recent years, but it certainly used to be that the camera was a self contained free standing device, a little bit away from the farmhouse, and from the outward appearance looke like it ran off batteries recharged by it's own mini wind turbine. There's any number of things that could go wrong that'd require someone heading down to the farm to fix it which wouldn't have been workable during the pandemic. It could be as simple as Emily changed the Wifi password.

1 hour ago, incident said:

My feeling is that in this case "privacy" is a shorthand that could cover a variety of things - basically that it was easier to not run it at that point.

It may have changed in recent years, but it certainly used to be that the camera was a self contained free standing device, a little bit away from the farmhouse, and from the outward appearance looke like it ran off batteries recharged by it's own mini wind turbine. There's any number of things that could go wrong that'd require someone heading down to the farm to fix it which wouldn't have been workable during the pandemic. It could be as simple as Emily changed the Wifi password.

Agree, this was never about privacy, there's not enough detail in the views to create any issues for anyone. Secrecy maybe if they were setting something up, but not a privacy issue.

2 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

Agree, this was never about privacy, there's not enough detail in the views to create any issues for anyone. Secrecy maybe if they were setting something up, but not a privacy issue.

They may have decided that guests at Worthy Pastures wouldn’t appreciated being on a webcam, which is fair enough. 

Emily knows it’s down and knows people want it. She’s told us it’s “coming”. I guess at a certain point, the BBC will update their festival pages for 2022 and that’s when it’ll get their attention. Hopefully that happens before the build starts! 

8 hours ago, kalifire said:

They may have decided that guests at Worthy Pastures wouldn’t appreciated being on a webcam, which is fair enough. 

Emily knows it’s down and knows people want it. She’s told us it’s “coming”. I guess at a certain point, the BBC will update their festival pages for 2022 and that’s when it’ll get their attention. Hopefully that happens before the build starts! 

Our worthy pastures tent was just across from where the cider bus usually is situated so we would have been on camera but didn’t get up to anything that would have either caused offence or went viral on Twitter!😉.  Well not in the daylight hours anyway! 

33 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

so who's gonna be first to spot the return of the webcam .... talk of stuff going on at the farm so must be fairly imminent and possibly part of the reason its still off 🙂 

I went on a site visit in mid-April 2016 ahead of the 2016 festival and it was if nothing was going on, I don't think anything of note really happens until early-mid May.