Glastocam!

pauladam

36 minutes ago, William Mann said:

Has to be Monday after reading this. Looks like Monday will be a VERY busy day as all works are allowed to take place apart from the wall, which is 1st May.

8C8FC682-1EBA-41D9-BFD9-E7FA0340CBA8.jpeg

I read point 6 and was thinking 'well, I don't think the pyramid skin really counts as build and break' but then I got to point 8 and that's pretty clear isn't it! 

They could just put the corner rain gullies on today though! 

58 minutes ago, William Mann said:

Has to be Monday after reading this. Looks like Monday will be a VERY busy day as all works are allowed to take place apart from the wall, which is 1st May.

8C8FC682-1EBA-41D9-BFD9-E7FA0340CBA8.jpeg

What document is that from, out of interest? I don't see it in the current licence, or the 2023 event management planning document.

Edited by kalifire

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Ah, that makes sense. This year's festival isn't bound by that though, is it?

I'm not sure - I guess so as it was approved yesterday? 

I can't find the document @William Mannquoted above but this one states pyramid sheets installation in April.

https://publicaccess.mendip.gov.uk/online-applications/files/42758DD8B5F77CDC298401C45AD11897/pdf/2022_2458_FUL-S_S_REVISED_BUIL_AND_BREAK_PROFILE-1287163.pdf

image.png.50c4a86acd809541b6f699941a9becaf.png

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I'd guess that even if it doesn't apply this year, they wouldn't want to get into any rows about it, may as well wait a few days.

And the timetable given is just formalising what they already did / intended to do anyway.

Obviously there's no urgency on getting this done at this point.

2 hours ago, stuie said:

I'm not sure - I guess so as it was approved yesterday? 

I can't find the document @William Mannquoted above but this one states pyramid sheets installation in April.

https://publicaccess.mendip.gov.uk/online-applications/files/42758DD8B5F77CDC298401C45AD11897/pdf/2022_2458_FUL-S_S_REVISED_BUIL_AND_BREAK_PROFILE-1287163.pdf

image.png.50c4a86acd809541b6f699941a9becaf.png

As an amateur at this 'glastocam,' I was very pleased with myself with that find ahaha

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Reading that English heritage don’t object, no threat to historical or archaeological sites,  In my mind the pyramid skeleton is now part of English heritage, It should be given protected status as part of the cultural history of the country. Future generations will revere it! 

I agree with the sentiment but listing a building or structure comes with challenges and costs. Listed building consent would be required every time a repair needed to be done, part replaced, ground works around the structure etc

Maybe if its future is ever in question, it could be listed to protect it! 

Hypothetical question: If you were a keen, ticketless bean, and were insistent of getting into Glasto regardless, how long would you have to spend on the land (with extreme difficulty I imagine) before the fest starts? Presumably you'd have to be there before the fences go up, but it looks from this cam that you can waltz around the grounds and avoid higher-ups at this moment in time. When's the latest you could leave it? 

(I'm aware this is utterly impossible and you'd have to live off the land for weeks to make it to the start of the fest, but it's a fun hypothetical question to think about)

30 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Hypothetical question: If you were a keen, ticketless bean, and were insistent of getting into Glasto regardless, how long would you have to spend on the land (with extreme difficulty I imagine) before the fest starts? Presumably you'd have to be there before the fences go up, but it looks from this cam that you can waltz around the grounds and avoid higher-ups at this moment in time. When's the latest you could leave it? 

(I'm aware this is utterly impossible and you'd have to live off the land for weeks to make it to the start of the fest, but it's a fun hypothetical question to think about)

Best ask Bear Grylls. As for food, raw milk from the cows, eels in the stream and twix bars hidden all over the site.
And the chip van that’s always on site when the build starts!