Glastocam!

pauladam

12 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

They actually build a wooden frame building for the coop? I thought it was just a marquee 

Just a marquee? This is Glasto, things are done proper round ere.

Jokes aside its pretty epic for just a festival shop. 

RE the Ribbon Tower. This panoramic is spliced together from 2010 - when smartphones weren't widely available... taken about 5am in the morning on the way back from the SEC. No queue at that time and the site is ghostly quiet. Absolutely amazing. Wish there was a better way of splicing them together for a better effect than Paint 3D? I'm all ears.

image.thumb.png.3f1ff6f279804edc1524fb831aa61304.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Was thinking is the ribbon tower unique to Glastonbury? 

It was certainly a bespoke design, by Serious Stages, for the Festival.

No idea whether it's emulating something else that had been done elsewhere though, or (more likely) has been copied since.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

RE the Ribbon Tower. This panoramic is spliced together from 2010 - when smartphones weren't widely available... taken about 5am in the morning on the way back from the SEC. No queue at that time and the site is ghostly quiet. Absolutely amazing. Wish there was a better way of splicing them together for a better effect than Paint 3D? I'm all ears.

I quite like this splicey version

3 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Photoshop, or theres a free version- https://www.photopea.com. I'm happy to have a go if you need?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I have some software for creating panoramas. If you want me to give it a go, send me the individual images 👍

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Cheesey said:

I have some software for creating panoramas. If you want me to give it a go, send me the individual images 👍

7 hours ago, prog seller said:

Photoshop, or theres a free version- https://www.photopea.com. I'm happy to have a go if you need?

Thanks so much! I'm out of upvotes - only had one. I'll send the photos over in a DM!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

Until last year I was in the never bother climbing it camp and then my lil girl said  that she wanted to go up it .. so we did just as Wet leg started it was well worth the climb and we only waited 5 mins in the que to do it

IMG_9835.jpeg

I, along with my wife and a couple of mates were stood really close, just to the left of the sound stage, so until now haven’t really appreciate just how ridiculous this crowd was. That’s absolutely mad. No wonder people were getting stuck.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I, along with my wife and a couple of mates were stood really close, just to the left of the sound stage, so until now haven’t really appreciate just how ridiculous this crowd was. That’s absolutely mad. No wonder people were getting stuck.

I'd have been really close to you. My wife went to go get some chips about 30mins before their set and we didn't get reunited again until after the set! It was crazy - I was astounded they put them on the Park when it was so, so clear they were in a wave of popularity and needed to be early doors Other / subbing JP.

7 hours ago, kalifire said:

Can't believe anyone thinks the ribbon tower "gets in the way". Wash your mouth out, @Skip997!

The tower is as iconic as the Glastonbury sign - it's instantly recognisable and part of the furniture.

Yes totally agree, one of those images that appears time and again when glastonbury is featured in the media. I have to admit that I’ve never climbed to the top. Every year I decide to do it but never seem to get round to it. Going to make an effort this year.

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes totally agree, one of those images that appears time and again when glastonbury is featured in the media. I have to admit that I’ve never climbed to the top. Every year I decide to do it but never seem to get round to it. Going to make an effort this year.

A bunch of my group have said the same thing this year. We'll either join you in a world record queue or (more likely) "enjoy" the bars too much and put it off for another year..