Glastocam!

pauladam

7 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

That field has surely had many indoor venues over the years!

Nothing like the hangar indoor venues available these days. I can’t work out if that’s what we should be expecting?! 

13 hours ago, stuie said:

Nothing like the hangar indoor venues available these days. I can’t work out if that’s what we should be expecting?! 

I was hoping for a hanger or something description, they've put a cover on it now and it looks like a catering tent. Not particularly exciting!

Screenshot_20240601-131645.png

31 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I was hoping for a hanger or something description, they've put a cover on it now and it looks like a catering tent. Not particularly exciting!

Screenshot_20240601-131645.png

Well, that’s a bit disappointing!

37 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Most venues at boomtown are like that but with some decor on the outside to hide it. 

And look incredible. I'm pretty confident that a much heralded new venue in Silver Hayes is not going to remain looking simply like a big white marquee. 

Ben

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

I think the scaffolding in the for ground.  I think this is a little area the BBC use for some interviews 

Yes, the bbc sometimes do a broadcast from one side of the site then over to one at the farm overlooking the pyramid.  Think it’s somewhere then can exile Mark Radcliffe to so then get him out the main studio at the park😊😉

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, the bbc sometimes do a broadcast from one side of the site then over to one at the farm overlooking the pyramid.  Think it’s somewhere then can exile Mark Radcliffe to so then get him out the main studio at the park😊😉

Sorry yes I meant the recent scaffold structure in the foreground.

I bumped into Mark a couple of years ago and asked him if he was doing Glasto and he abruptly said no he'd been sacked by the Beeb. 

46 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The other broadcast area is next to the ribbon tower in the Park field.

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

They look to have erected some signposts weirdly.......

And they also look like they're taking photos of the signposts (or filming them?) with cameras on tripods 🤔

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

And they also look like they're taking photos of the signposts (or filming them?) with cameras on tripods 🤔

They'll be lazer powered theodolites to ensure the signposts are pointing in precisely the right direction