Glastocam!

pauladam

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, usually busy but always room. We don’t go up the chalice well route, preferring the route from the town and up the steps beside the apple orchard. Nice walk through the cow fields before the Tor.  It’s well worth the effort. 

Thanks, I’ll try that route, fingers crossed there’s space when we get there.

5 hours ago, westholtschic said:

There’s going to be one called the Brewery Bar near to the Pyramid Stage

Really? How close? That'll be well rammed. Always felt the one next to Cider Bus was kind of the Pyramid Bar.

11 hours ago, Blownimpression said:

Is it busy on the Tuesday before? I plan to try and go up with my wife and toddler, about 3-4pm if we arrive in time. Not sure if it will be too busy for us.

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, usually busy but always room. We don’t go up the chalice well route, preferring the route from the town and up the steps beside the apple orchard. Nice walk through the cow fields before the Tor.  It’s well worth the effort. 

This is my route that I do a few times a week, a bit longer but the views where the orange X is are nearly as good as the ones from the Tor and always quietimage.thumb.png.4fe2b2cd3a2c1f39533645d0fe54e3e5.png

PS. Say hi if you see anyone marching up with an orange dog with a ball on a string in it's mouth

Edited by EavisAintDead
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, EavisAintDead said:

This is my route that I do a few times a week, a bit longer but the views where the orange X is are nearly as good as the ones from the Tor and always quietimage.thumb.png.4fe2b2cd3a2c1f39533645d0fe54e3e5.png

PS. Say hi if you see anyone marching up with an orange dog with a ball on a string in it's mouth

Thanks for that, didn’t realise there’s a path at Parr’s wood that leads back to the town. Looks a nice walk. 

Assume already been discussed - but noticing the covered towers surrounding the pyramid (I think thats one right in front of the webcam too) - and there looks to still be more getting built as well..... first thought went to coldplay doing projections again like they did in 2016 - but beginning to wonder if this may also lend weight to Dua Lipa's statement about making the pyramid field be like a big nightclub - so I wonder whats in store!?!?

6 minutes ago, pauladam said:

Assume already been discussed - but noticing the covered towers surrounding the pyramid (I think thats one right in front of the webcam too) - and there looks to still be more getting built as well..... first thought went to coldplay doing projections again like they did in 2016 - but beginning to wonder if this may also lend weight to Dua Lipa's statement about making the pyramid field be like a big nightclub - so I wonder whats in store!?!?

Yeah, looks like another one being built here:

image.thumb.png.2f7587c6f2eda34c31069b1fdb0993e6.png

I don't think they're for projection because they're not positioned like they were in 2011, and there's even one directly behind the pyramid which makes no sense. Struggling to think what else they might be though. Maybe just for crazy lights/lasers?

I think someone also speculated about towers for launching drones for a drone show, but would that really require so many towers?

Whatever's happening, something special is clearly planned 👍

35 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

Yep that's what triggered me to ask - saw it going up..... 🙂

37 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

I don't think they're for projection because they're not positioned like they were in 2011, and there's even one directly behind the pyramid which makes no sense. Struggling to think what else they might be though. Maybe just for crazy lights/lasers?

I think someone also speculated about towers for launching drones for a drone show, but would that really require so many towers?

When the original projections for Coldplay were done in 2016 they decided they wouldn't project the back of the Pyramid. My thoughts are that this time they do plan to hence the one facing the back of it.

I think regarding the new one being built, they probably wanted to wait until much of the structures and tents around it were settled before positioning it accordingly.

1 hour ago, Cheesey said:

Unlikely to be drones.  To do a half decent show you need hundreds which take up alot of space.  Also not sure on the rules around flying over crowds. 

Love the idea of turning the field into a night club so hope its this rather than project on the stage 

2 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

Unlikely to be drones.  To do a half decent show you need hundreds which take up alot of space.  Also not sure on the rules around flying over crowds. 

Love the idea of turning the field into a night club so hope its this rather than project on the stage 

I mean drone shows do exist so the rules would be no different to elsewhere … that said they’d surely launch from the ground ? The towers I think are for either of the other suggestions