Glastocam!

pauladam

18 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I mean drone shows do exist so the rules would be no different to elsewhere … that said they’d surely launch from the ground ? The towers I think are for either of the other suggestions 

All of the drone shows I'm aware of tend to do the actual flying above a "dead" area rather than crowds (or tents) though. The SGP one last year technically took place over an adjacent empty field.

May be more awkward to find a dead area on the festival site.

27 minutes ago, incident said:

All of the drone shows I'm aware of tend to do the actual flying above a "dead" area rather than crowds (or tents) though.

Yeah, the ones at the D-Day event in Portsmouth recently were flying over the Solent, and the ones at Buckingham palace for the jubilee a couple of years ago were over the palace grounds.

I don't think it would be sensible (or allowed?) to fly them over the crowd at Glastonbury, or even the backstage area.

5 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

Yeah, the ones at the D-Day event in Portsmouth recently were flying over the Solent, and the ones at Buckingham palace for the jubilee a couple of years ago were over the palace grounds.

I don't think it would be sensible (or allowed?) to fly them over the crowd at Glastonbury, or even the backstage area.

Very much this.  Apparently there might be drones with the fireworks this year but I'd guess they'll over site adjacent fields or car parks 

5 hours ago, EavisAintDead said:

This is my route that I do a few times a week, a bit longer but the views where the orange X is are nearly as good as the ones from the Tor and always quietimage.thumb.png.4fe2b2cd3a2c1f39533645d0fe54e3e5.png

PS. Say hi if you see anyone marching up with an orange dog with a ball on a string in it's mouth

Thanks for this tip.
My son is returning to his Student digs in Bath today, so I am traveling with him via this spot to have a look at the view.
Will be there in a couple of hours.
Fat chance we'll meet but we'll have a border collie with us. 
Maybe post a couple of pics here.

Thanks again EAD

17 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

Very much this.  Apparently there might be drones with the fireworks this year but I'd guess they'll over site adjacent fields or car parks 

Could easily take off from any point in pyramid field if they chose to corden off a bit 

56 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Could easily take off from any point in pyramid field if they chose to corden off a bit 

Would say that'd be too close to potential viewers and therefore a crash risk.  Somewhere out beyond park farm has been mooted. 

Just now, watsonjm said:

Would say that'd be too close to potential viewers and therefore a crash risk.  Somewhere out beyond park farm has been mooted. 

fair enough ... ive no idea how prone they are to crashes when operated by professionals 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

fair enough ... ive no idea how prone they are to crashes when operated by professionals 

All programmed, wind is the biggest issue but I guess its a risk reward thing.  Even if a low chance if one does come down heavy it will do some damage.  

Personally hate the bloody things but that's cause they often take funds away from Fireworks which I love.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I guess there's a huge cordoned off area right in front of Pyramid (as there always is) ahead of things starting properly

5 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

All programmed, wind is the biggest issue but I guess its a risk reward thing.  Even if a low chance if one does come down heavy it will do some damage.  

Personally hate the bloody things but that's cause they often take funds away from Fireworks which I love.

never seen a show tbh so would be interesting for me ... might take away the issues from how busy the park is though ... depends if theres both or not  ? cant see any sign of any firewood piles on the webcam as yet ? 

In other news - has anyone reported the arrival of the cider bus? - I know its usually obscured by trees, but sometimes we do get a glimpse of it pulling up (or being put into place - unsure if it moves under its own power?)

6 minutes ago, pauladam said:

In other news - has anyone reported the arrival of the cider bus? - I know its usually obscured by trees, but sometimes we do get a glimpse of it pulling up (or being put into place - unsure if it moves under its own power?)

Isn’t that on the Monday of festival week?

7 minutes ago, pauladam said:

Unless they get special dispensation, it wouldn't arrive on site until Saturday at the absolute earliest. Probably Sunday or Monday.

5 hours ago, watsonjm said:

Unlikely to be drones.  To do a half decent show you need hundreds which take up alot of space.  Also not sure on the rules around flying over crowds. 

Love the idea of turning the field into a night club so hope its this rather than project on the stage 

i think its projection mapping, heres a boring video to show what they did before

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pauladam said:

Usually we see it go past our campsite and on site on the Monday 

11 hours ago, EavisAintDead said:

This is my route that I do a few times a week, a bit longer but the views where the orange X is are nearly as good as the ones from the Tor and always quietimage.thumb.png.4fe2b2cd3a2c1f39533645d0fe54e3e5.png

PS. Say hi if you see anyone marching up with an orange dog with a ball on a string in it's mouth

I had a great walk as suggested by you through Borrs wood today with my son and dog.
Only had my phone cam but I stitched three zoomed in shots together for an alternative view of the site.

Thanks for the tip EAD

Other View.png

• Like 1

On the way back I stopped quickly and took another pic from the top of the hill just east of Pilton. The camara is facing north and slightly to the westimage.thumb.png.48571843d9553f5335479f70648e5cb9.png