Glastocam!

pauladam

On 7/10/2024 at 8:26 PM, Simsy said:

Thought this tent had been abandoned early on, turns out there were 2 guys in it at the time 😂

Obviously got a bit too warm in there, as by Sunday they'd cut massive slits in the sides (so it looked like a sh*t birdwatching hide). It was still there when we left on Monday

PXL_20240629_083803778.thumb.jpg.01b9463b9576c8e2f568fa590bd87e8c.jpg

There was one abandoned near me that was exactly the same tent. Must be a poor design 😅

19 hours ago, deadponyclub said:

seems strange that there are still a lot of Worthy View tents up, is that normal for this long after the festival? Perhaps the weather has delayed things....

image.png.c7d60ab3eaa05f2a6ce1c97cb0f033ba.png

They always take ages to dismantle them. Think time is spent valeting them making sure they are clean and dry before removing them, preventing mould and easy to put up next year. 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

guess that saves them a few quid next year ... hows those PP negotiations going ? 

Sadly we can’t make PP this year, we will just have returned from a holiday and a bit much to head off a few days later to Somerset. Anyway, Hope it’s a good un and youse all enjoy it! 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Good luck packing away a town of 200k plus people in 3 weeks 😀

One thought occurred to me post festival this year (I was on-site until the Thursday after). It appeared that very little had been done re deconstructing the “non-Pyramid” large stages.

Presumably these are hired and not owned by GFL and therefore, the longer they remain on site the more it costs.

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

One thought occurred to me post festival this year (I was on-site until the Thursday after). It appeared that very little had been done re deconstructing the “non-Pyramid” large stages.

Presumably these are hired and not owned by GFL and therefore, the longer they remain on site the more it costs.

Would imagine they are off somewhere else , so pointless them being taken to where they are normally stored in the off season . Unloaded and then reloaded for the next festival … just easier to take them direct and offload when required . I’d imagine Glastonbury only pay for them up to a point 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Would imagine they are off somewhere else , so pointless them being taken to where they are normally stored in the off season . Unloaded and then reloaded for the next festival … just easier to take them direct and offload when required . I’d imagine Glastonbury only pay for them up to a point 

Yes, the owners might just wait until they are needed elsewhere then take them direct. Just like we had scaffolding on our house for a few weeks after a job had been done. Only removed when the roofers had another job nearby. A bloody nuisance. 

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, the owners might just wait until they are needed elsewhere then take them direct. Just like we had scaffolding on our house for a few weeks after a job had been done. Only removed when the roofers had another job nearby. A bloody nuisance. 

Should have charged them rent.

Yeah pretty sure it's Serious Stages who provide a vast majority of stages, decking, speaker towers etc across the whole site (ranging from the Pyramid, Other stage to SEC and Arcadia). They're local and have done it for decades so guess they have an arrangement to keep the stages up until they need to move them onwards. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tomf3 said:

Yeah pretty sure it's Serious Stages who provide a vast majority of stages, decking, speaker towers etc across the whole site (ranging from the Pyramid, Other stage to SEC and Arcadia). They're local and have done it for decades so guess they have an arrangement to keep the stages up until they need to move them onwards. 

Just enough of an excuse to post this here again...

They certainly do, they definitely provide Other Stage, Park Stage, West Holts and fit out the pyramid.

You can see on the webcam that the Park stage, (and maybe others belonging to them,) were down by Thursday 4th July... It just seemed to be Other Stage that was clinging on. Guessing they didn't need that one as quickly. 

Edited by Alvoram

11 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Just enough of an excuse to post this here again...

They certainly do, they definitely provide Other Stage, Park Stage, West Holts and fit out the pyramid.

You can see on the webcam that the Park stage, (and maybe others belonging to them,) were down by Thursday 4th July... It just seemed to be Other Stage that was clinging on. Guessing they didn't need that one as quickly. 

Haha nice! Great video! 
They're amongst many other unsung heroes at Glastonbury who have a massive impact on the place but don't really get celebrated.
I used to know the guy who was the head plumber for the festival and he'd be on site from early February fitting all the pipes etc. across the whole site (probably often in the freezing cold).  It's crazy how much work goes into it for an event that only lasts 5 days. 

• Upvote 1