Glastocam!

pauladam

2 hours ago, Julesdude said:

Isn't the Other Stage also set up at Reading as the main stage? Would explain why they've only just taken it down. It probably gets transported straight to Reading when it's lowered and packed away.

It's the same base model of stage as used at Reading (and Leeds) as their Main Stage, but it'll be more complicated than "just" being the same physical stage. Like most of the Serious Stages range, it's a modular system, from which they're able to create several instances of stage with the precise configuration varying by need.

It’s a glorious moment. The land never belonged to the festival. We borrowed it and now it’s being returned to the rightful owners. I’ve no idea why anyone considered this ‘sad’. It’s a return to nature. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It’s a glorious moment. The land never belonged to the festival. We borrowed it and now it’s being returned to the rightful owners. I’ve no idea why anyone considered this ‘sad’. It’s a return to nature. 

Back where we belong!
IMG_1518.thumb.jpeg.f7dcd852dc150fb824f3974319c43a19.jpeg

• Like 1

I sometimes wonder to what extent the dairy farm is still active.  When I first went to glastonbury in the late 90s the fields were liberally scattered with bin lid sized dry cow pats.

11 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I sometimes wonder to what extent the dairy farm is still active.  When I first went to glastonbury in the late 90s the fields were liberally scattered with bin lid sized dry cow pats.

It's still very active, and has won awards in recent years. They just clean the fields more than they used to ahead of the festival.

27 minutes ago, Spindles said:

They’ve taught the cows to use the long drops, that explains the absence of pats, and they don’t leave empty cider cans either😉😊

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

I think they have to be removed from the fields for a length of time before the festival so the cow pats decompose.

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

All that (bang average) Worthy Farm cheddar is made from milk extracted from the Pyramid stage cows. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

All that (bang average) Worthy Farm cheddar is made from milk extracted from the Pyramid stage cows. 

im sure they stray to other stages as well . its just like other cheddars to my palate maybe slightly more dry 

24 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

im sure they stray to other stages as well . its just like other cheddars to my palate maybe slightly more dry 

Do they?  I thought they just stayed at the Pyramid all the time... like the Sunday 'lawn chair' people! 🙂 

I remember Other stage and Pennards Hill being used for wheat/grains before.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

Do they?  I thought they just stayed at the Pyramid all the time... like the Sunday 'lawn chair' people! 🙂 

I remember Other stage and Pennards Hill being used for wheat/grains before.

If they wandered into the SE corner the cheese could be sold in tenner bags 😉😊

22 hours ago, stuie said:

I never thought that cheese was any good (I thought it was horrible, in fact) until I bought a block recently for the last cheese competition and made some cheese on toast with it rather than just throw it in the garden for the fox that visits every night. It was really good toasted!

On 7/30/2024 at 4:26 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

Isnt the other stage along with other fields so ,  the park silver hayes etc Steanbow farm land so any cows seen over there would maybe be theirs 

Edited by Yeo-vile idiot

4 minutes ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

Isnt the other stage along with other fields so ,  the park silver hayes Steanbow farm land 

Yeah other stages rather than other stage . Is pyramid the only one on worthy farm ? Woodsies I’d guess is too ?