Glastocam!

pauladam

On 7/31/2024 at 3:15 PM, dirtysteve said:

I never thought that cheese was any good (I thought it was horrible, in fact) until I bought a block recently for the last cheese competition and made some cheese on toast with it rather than just throw it in the garden for the fox that visits every night. It was really good toasted!

i made it to the worthy farm cheese toastie van this year and i agree it tastes great toasted!

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 8:31 AM, Gnomicide said:

Worthy Farm is the blue bit.

135014862_Screenshot_20240408_221911_AutoPhotoCutPaste.thumb.jpg.615896ead17aa479780306af3e531884.jpg

I knew a lot of car parking fields were on other sites but I had no idea some venues weren't on Worthy Farm. Have the Eavis's bought out those other fields or are they just rented for a few weeks?

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Iphigenia said:

I knew a lot of car parking fields were on other sites but I had no idea some venues weren't on Worthy Farm. Have the Eavis's bought out those other fields or are they just rented for a few weeks?

As far as I know, they rent them from the other landowners. There's a theory that in the past, they talked about holding the festival elsewhere as a veiled threat to the other farms because they were asking for too much money.

31 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

As far as I know, they rent them from the other landowners. There's a theory that in the past, they talked about holding the festival elsewhere as a veiled threat to the other farms because they were asking for too much money.

I believe most of the fields that were considered "at risk" a few years ago were outside the fence - the problems were in large part related to the landowners feeling that they could make more money from running a private campsite / glamping, with less risk/damage to their fields, than they could from car parks / campervan fields / staff camping.

In terms of stuff inside the fence, I believe it tends to be on longer term arrangements, with the bulk of it being held by one family with long term ties to the Eavii. I don't *think* that land was under threat.

7 hours ago, incident said:

I believe most of the fields that were considered "at risk" a few years ago were outside the fence - the problems were in large part related to the landowners feeling that they could make more money from running a private campsite / glamping, with less risk/damage to their fields, than they could from car parks / campervan fields / staff camping.

In terms of stuff inside the fence, I believe it tends to be on longer term arrangements, with the bulk of it being held by one family with long term ties to the Eavii. I don't *think* that land was under threat.

Likely that the trade off to other farm owners includes a number  of hospitality tickets that they can include in expensive glamping packages in return for being able to rent out their other fields for car parking etc. Certainly more of them now than in the past. 

9 hours ago, incident said:

Interesting. What I would give to be able to sit down with Emily and get the truth on the multiple stories and theories we discuss on here.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah, I remember that from a couple of years ago. Bet the other farms make a killing out of Glastonbury though. They'd be mad to mess that up by being greedy.

Farmers are grumpy bastards though 🤣 (sometimes)

2 hours ago, Iphigenia said:

Yeah, I remember that from a couple of years ago. Bet the other farms make a killing out of Glastonbury though. They'd be mad to mess that up by being greedy.

Farmers are grumpy bastards though 🤣 (sometimes)

Wasn’t it talks with the Marquess ofBath about using Longleat as a possible venue? 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Wasn’t it talks with the Marquess ofBath about using Longleat as a possible venue? 

Again, it's another story, probably true but 🤷. It was said they came to Glastonbury in 2016, saw what it did to the land and backed out.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Again, it's another story, probably true but 🤷. It was said they came to Glastonbury in 2016, saw what it did to the land and backed out.

Yeah, and then they announced the Variety Bazaar, which I think was another ploy to shake up the landowners so they play ball.

15 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That rings a bell. I also seem to remember an article (Guardian?) where ME said there was a site in the Midlands that they were thinking of moving the festival to. Definitely posturing though.

1 hour ago, Iphigenia said:

That rings a bell. I also seem to remember an article (Guardian?) where ME said there was a site in the Midlands that they were thinking of moving the festival to. Definitely posturing though.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jan/20/michael-emily-eavis-the-variety-bazaar-glastonbury-festival?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Hope Michael was able to see them released onto the field. He said in a documentary it’s one of the highlights of his year seeing them running back on it.

IMG_1616.jpeg.a8841eb6ae1a6c1d8309d22b7a94b1b7.jpeg

This photo is incredible. Gives me the feels.