Glastocam!

pauladam

What time does it normally turn on in the mornings?

It may not be on today .
here is a message sent to another site
Hi G#####. Rory here from BBCGlasto. Would you mind deleting the webcam tweet please? That is an unapproved test image.
We will hopefully be in a place to share it soon but the festival and those who live in the area must agree the view first.
now how true this is only time will tell but it does look that the BBC pulled the plug when the public started looking.
I have my own views about this and they should think about who employs them and stop fucking about and making it live to all.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ah, that explains the hold up then. Hadn't even considered that it would be the lawyers holding everything up. Oh well, hopefully that consent comes rolling in quick and it goes live again soon.

its the BBC - I bet they have employed a huge committee and they are sitting about deciding when its to be made public.
it would be dead easy for the feed to be live ' just now ' so the top people at the BBC can watch it - they clearly have spotted the extra traffic so pulled the plug ' for that specific address '

I do wonder if (seeing its not linked to the BBC yet) whether its still under test just now - so some of the features might get disabled???

Well you were unfortunately right!

And now ALL the features are disabled! :(

Who the hell knows when/if we will see this again?

If looking for permissions, it may only take one person to get the hump with it and the plug is pulled................no live stream............

It may not be on today .

here is a message sent to another site

Hi G#####. Rory here from BBCGlasto. Would you mind deleting the webcam tweet please? That is an unapproved test image.

We will hopefully be in a place to share it soon but the festival and those who live in the area must agree the view first.

now how true this is only time will tell but it does look that the BBC pulled the plug when the public started looking.

I have my own views about this and they should think about who employs them and stop fucking about and making it live to all.

Glasto waaaatch? His fault?

Glasto waaaatch? His fault?

He tweeted a link to the webcam and within minutes the BBC contacted him.
It could have happened to anyone - the joke is its not pointing in anyones window - where I live I have a Council webcam that is so close I am sure they can tell what channel I am watching and what times I feed my two cats - no one has ever knocked on my door to ask for approval so really the BBC are making a right song and dance over it.

So if I wanted to put a webcam on my roof looking into my street, I would have to get all the neighbours permission first? I don't think so

But your are not publicly funded body that will host the stream on a publicly funded widely used website that rationally/irrationally considers itself a target for litigious behaviour from the public