Ribbon Tower started

Co-op started

Glastonbury on Sea being built

Fence joined up

Grass cutting all over site

Off camera - West Holts Built

Edited by circus92

1 hour ago, Ommadawn said:

Passed three large red Sparrows cranes heading for the site on the way to work this mornng.

Crane action at Ribbon Tower.

Talking of work, I had better go and do some now rather than watching the action down on the farm 😂

image.png.9aa15bf13fd1e8f9e195b3f02b413dc8.png

1 hour ago, circus92 said:

Crane action at Ribbon Tower.

Talking of work, I had better go and do some now rather than watching the action down on the farm 😂

image.png.9aa15bf13fd1e8f9e195b3f02b413dc8.png

Unacceptable attitude i'm afraid 😄  

I have done so little work over the past couple of weeks and intend to continue to do very little work until the festival is done.  

Then it's the countdown to october... 

23 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

It’s a hive of activity now compared to recent weeks. Ribbon Tower should be getting its hat on soon. 

I've often wondered exactly what is the point of the ribbon tower. All it does is get in the way. Mind you the same could be said of the pier.

8 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I've often wondered exactly what is the point of the ribbon tower. All it does is get in the way. Mind you the same could be said of the pier.

What does it get in the way of?

Personally I love the Ribbon Tower

23 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I think it looks great. Adds a nice bit of vertical colour. Never been up it though

I love the ribbon tower, quite an iconic bit of the festival 'skyline' imo. I have only climbed it once when I was waiting for Pulp but I would quite like to do it again at night.

I know you still get a good view from the hill behind but it was cool to actually climb up the tower.

39 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Never bothered climbing it, I reckon the kids will want to though

It's one of the many things that every year I say "Yeah must definitely do that this year" and utterly fail in doing so.

Though it is useful as a beacon to head towards when I'm camped near it and very worse for wear / disorientated.

50 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Never bothered climbing it, I reckon the kids will want to though

Until last year I was in the never bother climbing it camp and then my lil girl said  that she wanted to go up it .. so we did just as Wet leg started it was well worth the climb and we only waited 5 mins in the que to do it

IMG_9835.jpeg

Edited by Yeo-vile idiot
  • Upvote 5

Just now, Yeo-vile idiot said:

Until last year I was in the never bother climbing it camp and then my lil girl side that she wanted to go up it .. so we did just as Wet leg started it was well worth the climb and we only waited 5 mins in the que to do it

IMG_9835.jpeg

yep, should've definitely been on the Other Stage haha

11 minutes ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

Until last year I was in the never bother climbing it camp and then my lil girl said  that she wanted to go up it .. so we did just as Wet leg started it was well worth the climb and we only waited 5 mins in the que to do it

IMG_9835.jpeg

Wow 😯 

20 minutes ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

IMG_9835.jpeg

That's amazing...*now off to add this to the essential glasto checklist* 🤣