Glastocam!

pauladam

45 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

I think if I lived right there I would want to make sure that the festival was accountable even if I loved it.

In truth it probably helps keep the festival honest that not everyone is in love with it. It means standards are maintained and local issues are considered without it just being chuck some money at local projects 

6 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Yes I agree...however pointless the objection may be it's good to see that the beliefs her Mother championed are still being supported.  I get the feeling there was, and still is, a mutual respect between the Goode's and GFL, and long may that be the case. 

When you watch the Goode Vs Eavis video's you can see why the locals hated the festival so much in the earlier year,s it was really bad back then and the organisation and set up seems to have progressed so far now that i doubt that they get anywhere near the same level of disturbance. ME is a very single minded man and his confidence has paid off and the benefits to everyone have been proven. The demographic of the local area will have changed over the years, people now actively seek to live in the village because they love the festival, so local objections will be limited.

Many organisers would have called quits on the festival a long time ago due to the local agro every year, but ME stuck too it - thankfully. I wonder if he really would have called it quits in 2000 if his wife had lived. Like most things that become iconic, there have been many events / obstacles that could have caused it to end a long time ago. We are lucky to have what we have now and obviously more and more people realise this every year 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, William Mann said:

Looks like phone masts are going up. Suprised this early tbh

602336B5-D1D4-4BB4-8781-6E2EE2A90393.jpeg

09482D87-580E-4C71-8097-D25FC20E5B7B.jpeg

that one by the other stage seems huge .... dont know if that reflects well for the coverage ... we can only hope 🙂 

actually the central positioning might also help 

Edited by Crazyfool01

6 minutes ago, William Mann said:

Water aid kiosks are going in and pyramid stage flooring is almost complete! Very busy day today!7E1C2862-0406-4B3C-918C-CB735FF774BF.thumb.jpeg.a29df809b931b4a0c2bf75fea45699bf.jpeg17E26364-6D7D-4B86-A765-C14ABEF16209.thumb.jpeg.ecdeb4793d0ce6eec1fdda6ba97ca4c8.jpeg

Yes, loads going on today

First glimpse of the fence on the right hand side

image.png.70bb8a593d5a7e0fa91f6791ec5b350c.png

Stone seating in the Other Stage to Pyramid market area

image.png.7b06b2b26ddbe739e5a58f47bd653953.png

Glade/Greenpeace crew field caravans arriving

image.png.bfdb1ca130ea98fd5c44ad17187a29a0.png