Glastocam!

pauladam

45 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Yes it’s the very top of The Tipi Park. These are for artists and guests of Emily that stay for the whole festival. It’s such a long walk up to those. This is the first time I’ve seen them up so far.

In the distance is the very top of Park crew camping. Again it’s a massive slog up there and no vehicles can get into that bit. I once camped up there. 

I looked at them with admiring eyes, wondering about the marvellous view each morning. Then I thought about the trudge up there in the early hours. On balance, probably worth it.

30 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

It really is great work!  Are the photos captured in the highest resolution available from the webcam?

All the images are from the official BBC webcam, although there's no way to access historical images using the official interface.

The webcam is run by a company called Panomax, who archive all the images on their servers, and provide a public API to retrieve them. So all my page does is ask the Panomax API for the image corresponding to a particular date and time. This is complicated slightly by the fact that Panomax split the full resolution images into several sections, so those parts have to be downloaded and combined into a single image.

Other Panomax cameras have the archived images accessible from the official UI, so it seems that the BBC are explicitly disallowing this. I'm not sure why. In fact there's loads of Panomax functionality that the BBC Glastonbury webcam doesn't enable. Here's an example - look at all the extra options at the bottom:

https://storefjell.panomax.com/resort?cu=en-GB

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Tor looking lovely in the early morning sunshine 

IMG_0598.thumb.png.667e5f2231d0c77d23b6fff536f2bdd6.png

I went up the Tor once (when it wasn't Glastonbury Festival) many years ago. There were a few hippies and druid types up there. I had a 'smoke' and viewed the land in front of me, and thought about all the lives that had been lived on that plain. It was a 'moment'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I went up the Tor once (when it wasn't Glastonbury Festival) many years ago. There were a few hippies and druid types up there. I had a 'smoke' and viewed the land in front of me, and thought about all the lives that had been lived on that plain. It was a 'moment'.

I've been up there too, quite a few years ago now. It's an awesome place.

Rather unexpectedly, the stones used to build the church on top are chock full of fossils as well - loads of ammonites if you look closely.

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Back stage has finally been packed away. Only a few containers, the last of GoS and the Pyramid covers to go.

Screenshot_20230725_165846_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4ac023f4fa5010149f24d49461f9d390.jpg

we haven't had the cows are back in the fields tweet yet have we ? that draws a close to the breakdown process for me and the return to the farm .... that grass looks perfect for those cows to run out on 

27 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

we haven't had the cows are back in the fields tweet yet have we ? that draws a close to the breakdown process for me and the return to the farm .... that grass looks perfect for those cows to run out on 

not yet! 

has anyone been down for a wander around the farm. Are the surrounding roads and footpaths now back open and free to roam about?

7 hours ago, Cheesey said:

loads of ammonites if you look closely.

OK, ok, what did you drop when you were up there!? 

Seriously though, I can't recall seeing in detail the construction of the church. All that I knew was that I was accompanied by a self proclaimed white wizard, or some such. We were returning from is bothers 'very' eventful wedding. I had driven him from Birmingham to Somerset prior to the wedding, and in a pissed up manner at the wedding, agreed to do a detour to the Tor on the way back to Birmingham.

On 7/25/2023 at 2:45 PM, Cheesey said:

I've been up there too, quite a few years ago now. It's an awesome place.

Rather unexpectedly, the stones used to build the church on top are chock full of fossils as well - loads of ammonites if you look closely.

IMG_1895.thumb.jpeg.69e44e5aac2f037b49cec1bb4182bb8d.jpeg

took this the day after the festival finished this year.