Glastocam!

pauladam

Spoilt is how I would have put it myself...

Some Sherlock on Twitter looking at air traffic notices couldn't wait to publicly post it.

This is why we can't have nice things 😄

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Some Sherlock on Twitter looking at air traffic notices couldn't wait to publicly post it.

or they were announcing it anyway ? 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

or they were announcing it anyway ? 

Crew had been told not share anything about it, was supposed to be a surprise for the punters arriving on the day as far as we have been told.

17 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Crew had been told not share anything about it, was supposed to be a surprise for the punters arriving on the day as far as we have been told.

Seems a far better idea to have it announced to me. Should move a few people from SC/ Park to the Pyramid this year

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Chris_R said:

6 hours ago, Chris_R said:

That was me 😛 

And you mean NOTAMs, that EVERYBODY who operates a drone, or flies any form of vehicle, should be checking every time they fly... It's literally a legal responsibility for tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people, even hobbyists, to check those notices daily... 

Was hardly going to stay a secret was it. 🙈😂 

And how is this any different to lineup leaks, secret set leaks, secret venue leaks... Come on, it's kind of what we do here. Only difference here is that they literally had to leak it themselves on a government service used by thousands every day. 😂

Edited by Alvoram
  • Upvote 6

15 hours ago, Chris_R said:

If they hadn't announced it most people would have been on the south side of the site waiting for the fireworks, so they would have ended up with a crap view of the surprise drone show from the best part of a mile away. That would have been a big mistake I think.

6 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

If they hadn't announced it most people would have been on the south side of the site waiting for the fireworks, so they would have ended up with a crap view of the surprise drone show from the best part of a mile away. That would have been a big mistake I think.

The display area is beyond the fireworks. They’ve only said pyramid field to spread the crowds from the usual positions of Kings Meadow and Park. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Alvoram said:

That was me 😛 

And you mean NOTAMs, that EVERYBODY who operates a drone, or flies any form of vehicle, should be checking every time they fly... It's literally a legal responsibility for tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people, even hobbyists, to check those notices daily... 

Was hardly going to stay a secret was it. 🙈😂 

And how is this any different to lineup leaks, secret set leaks, secret venue leaks... Come on, it's kind of what we do here. Only difference here is that they literally had to leak it themselves on a government service used by thousands every day. 😂

Nice one Alvoram, kids are crying 😂😂

• Like 1

calling clever people who know stuff: is the rave tree further in to Greenpeace field and the DJ booth now facing the camera rather that at right angles to it? it hink someone had mentioned a new stage here so maybe that's why. But should give more space to dance?

image.png.05fb10e2417a6b6990d40930f294a20f.png

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

The display area is beyond the fireworks. They’ve only said pyramid field to spread the crowds from the usual positions of Kings Meadow and Park. 

Isn't the display area north of the Pyramid field?

Or did I misunderstand this post:

3 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

Isn't the display area north of the Pyramid field?

Or did I misunderstand this post:

maybe I misunderstood the post! 

42 minutes ago, Garrypp said:

calling clever people who know stuff: is the rave tree further in to Greenpeace field and the DJ booth now facing the camera rather that at right angles to it? it hink someone had mentioned a new stage here so maybe that's why. But should give more space to dance?

Yes. It's to the side this year, rather than the middle of the field.

Edited by Gnomicide

1 hour ago, Garrypp said:

I thought i was going mad as i wondered the same thing.

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Is it just me or is the Leftfield tent going up pretty late this year? Five days from gates and it’s still not up. 

Poles with Flags went up a few days ago, they just cba with the tent bit I guess.

BBC Intro late too.  Maybe that is a tent coming from Download.

Edited by Northtim

34 minutes ago, devonhammer said:

Just noticed that the cider bus tent has gone up, so won't be long for the old girl. Cider bus is final piece of the jigsaw for me

image.png.de70c70494b4c4f4038f685faa03b029.png

Out of reactions for this - but agreed - no cider bus, no glasto (sort of)

3 hours ago, devonhammer said:

Just noticed that the cider bus tent has gone up, so won't be long for the old girl. Cider bus is final piece of the jigsaw for me

image.png.de70c70494b4c4f4038f685faa03b029.png

Rumbles in Tues I believe usually. Yep - no cider bus, no comment.