Glastocam!

pauladam

20 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

That woodchip at West Holts, bloody hell they were expecting some interesting weather

That was my main takeaway from those pics as well. Practically the entire arena woodchipped!

image.png.d8d0453c5713e936af31ecd321b3da17.png

They've certainly had stage blinders and even lasers on the repeaters in previous years, but I don't remember seeing lights quite like these before.

Edited by Cheesey

22 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

I also noticed something I didn't see on the webcam before:

image.thumb.png.9163a7578a7bd1f480fa5f9e5763cc3f.png

These things weren't there last year. I wonder if they're related to the mysterious towers...

They were, they just hoik them up to the top at some point.

Screenshot_20240624_110730_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e755cd2e0bdfa64f66e99fc92c2f15af.jpg

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

I also noticed something I didn't see on the webcam before:

image.thumb.png.9163a7578a7bd1f480fa5f9e5763cc3f.png

These things weren't there last year. I wonder if they're related to the mysterious towers...

They were used last year.  They'll be jacked up to the top of the pillar.   Without checking time machine it think they've been used since they replaced the 3 story central sound tent

35 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Confirmation that the new arcadia dragon fly isnt going to be entirely front facing. Looks like you're going to be able to surround it..

I was thinking that as well. While the crowd can surround most of it - the back, toward the cam is blocked - it looks like a really tight squeeze on the left. I wonder why they didnt put it more to the center of the field 

arc.jpg

10 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

I was thinking that as well. While the crowd can surround most of it - the back, toward the cam is blocked - it looks like a really tight squeeze on the left. I wonder why they didnt put it more to the center of the field 

arc.jpg

looks like the same sound set up as well 

10 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

arc.jpg

Seems really odd to put it there. Maybe there will be outward facing speaker on one side. Or maybe its to reduce bleed to other stages. Or the ground in the middle is too soft to support the structure. Who knows!

16 minutes ago, toohottoocold said:

Seems really odd to put it there. Maybe there will be outward facing speaker on one side. Or maybe its to reduce bleed to other stages. Or the ground in the middle is too soft to support the structure. Who knows!

If I was to guess I'd say to mitigate the crush at the bottom of the Park entrance into the field a la 2023. Moving it further down into that corner will move the crowd crust down there too and hopefully give a bit more space for people coming in and out.