Dave Grohl broken leg

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that Chem Bros and Fatboy Slim didn't get much air in the programme, they were HUGE 97 onwards.

Left the dance music to a couple of DJs and the club scene...

It was more of an overview really. There were loads they could have put in. Radiohead got a mention, nothing on Primal Scream, nothing on Weatherall. But for showing the impact of art, music, film and culture from the 90's it did a pretty good job really.

Nothing much on Take that or the Spice girls... Yes they were shit, but massive cultural impact.

A segment on massive attack and the Happy Mondays.

That for me was odd

The Mondays and Massive Attack deserve big sections due to them being so different and influential compared to anyone else imo. Blue Lines and Pills n Thrills really are both masterpieces imo.

I disagree they deserved bigger sections than either the spice girls or take that. That show was about cultural impact.

I am not for one second saying either of the two albums are not great, but the spice girls took over the world in a way very few british acts ever have.

Yes they were shit, but virtually missing them out was bizzare.

I suggest you watch this http://youtu.be/UvM2Cmi-YRU

It was out of this bloody world, its amazing on video, but even better being there like i was

He doesn't have the range of Roger Taylor though.

The bloke can sing, I know that.

This doesn't clear him of previous though.

Proper bad cheese he's made

I disagree they deserved bigger sections than either the spice girls or take that. That show was about cultural impact.

I am not for one second saying either of the two albums are not great, but the spice girls took over the world in a way very few british acts ever have.

Yes they were shit, but virtually missing them out was bizzare.

There are loads of other 90's documentaries though which have major bits with The Spice Girls and so on. It was nice to see one a little different which gave some credit to some of the more innovative acts.

One thing that gets me with these programs and ones from the 80's is that they never mention James. Yet here they are after 30 years still releasing good music and playing big shows. They really were/are something totally different from anything else, something totally British and yet they never seem to get the credit they deserve.

They're really hard to work in from a narrative perspective because they don't fit in neatly. They weren't Madchester. They weren't Britpop. But they existing and thrived through both

It is definitely worth a watch. Most of it is really obvious but it was an enjoyable watch none the less. Big segments on The Word, Happy Mondays, Pulp and Trip Hop which was good. It was not just the usual Blur V Oasis stuff.

One thing that gets me with these programs and ones from the 80's is that they never mention James. Yet here they are after 30 years still releasing good music and playing big shows. They really were/are  something totally different from anything else, something totally British and yet they never seem to get the credit they deserve.

Totally agree about James :-) they are headlining Jersey folklore today (not a big show lol) Only 4k people (and not sold out ), going to be a cracking day, and reef are on before them ...mwil be reliving they 90s today :-)

Totally agree about James :-) they are headlining Jersey folklore today (not a big show lol) Only 4k people (and not sold out ), going to be a cracking day, and reef are on before them ...mwil be reliving they 90s today :-)

You will have a cracking day. James are a joy in the sunshine. They were on Absolute radio last night with their IOW show in full. I decided against listening as I am seeing then in 3 weeks at Delamere Forest. I am sure you will enjoy your day anyway. :-)

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/06/13/dave-grohl-cast-leg-fall-concert-fracture-cancel-shows-photo

Dave is in London at the moment. Makes tour a bit more likely imo, he didn't have to fly home...

Given the disgrace that is the American healthcare system, he's probably relieved it happened abroad.

Given the fact he's hobbling around, I'd say things are looking positive that they'll play, although he'll be stationary throughout.

Do you think the festival organisers will have any say as to whether they play or not? All well and good the band wanting to do it, but who knows how it's going to go down.

If they come back next year, that's one nailed on headliner out of the way for them at least? And we know they seem to be struggling recently for suitable headliners.

Wrong! I am aghast that you think you can have two pops at the black! What blasphemy is this?

If you don't have 2 shots on the black, then when one player gets onto the black, their opponent can foul without punishment.

Would be like saying the team in the lead can't get a free kick in football and the other team can just kick them with impunity till they equalise.

As someone else said its a stupid rule made up by people that are losing. As is the rule when some people say you can't play up the table after your opponent has potted the white.

But London has been their base recently, with them flying out to do the European shows from here. So he would probably come back here before flying home anyway?

Edited by markrkp