Dave Grohl broken leg

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

florance is just not headliner material........just a dull band, nothing else to say for it....certainly nothing special enough for a friday night pyramid headliner slot.

Yep, currently at the top of the album charts in most the english speaking world and headlining festivals internationally. Certainly not suitable for a Pyramid headline slot.

Come on, use some objectivity.

Yep, currently at the top of the album charts in most the english speaking world and headlining festivals internationally. Certainly not suitable for a Pyramid headline slot.

Come on, use some objectivity.

You're applying objectivity to something that is totally subjective, namely music. Just because a band top a chart or two doesn't make them good, quite the opposite a lot of times .... One Direction?

take that topped the album charts at various times would you like to see them headline.....the headliner of Glastonbury should be a legendary band.  Florance and her mediocre machine don't meet that requirement.just my opinion anyway take it or leave it.

Exactly how many years does a band have to be going to be legendary? Albums? How do you expect festivals to fill headliner slots with only legendary bands? Just picking some random names, how do Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Beyonce, Kanye West and Foo Fighters fall on your legendary spectrum?. 

This has been a crazy year hasn't it?

No clue who was headlining until the last minute, no (or at least very few) lineup leaks until the full thing dropped in June.

And now, theres doubt over the first headliner announced and the speculation starts again!

I still reckon they'll play. And I reckon it would be pretty special given the circumstances. It deserves to be a classic performance that people will remember for years!

But then...I'm also keen to see what can be done to find a headliner at the last minute.

Glastonbury eh? Who'd change it :)

Perfect world: Foo cancel the headliner slot, play a secret gig with Dave sat in a chair. 

Prince save the day and show up as a headliner. After all the mess he (probably) made, would be nice to be the hero.
Or maybe Daft punk? hmmm

I honestly thought he had an accident with the two tone shorts...

Edit: correct a spelling error! 

Ha ha! I thought that too when I first saw it! Was hoping someone else would see it!

You're applying objectivity to something that is totally subjective, namely music. Just because a band top a chart or two doesn't make them good, quite the opposite a lot of times .... One Direction?

I never made any claims about how 'good' she is, just that she fits the criteria for a headliner.

Was going to mention Muse! But they're in Sweden on the Friday!

That Download show last night was fucking unreal, Muse are quite possibly the most inform band on the planet. Really special, and in my top 5 (even 3) live shows ever, and I mean it!!!

But their new stuff is just meh, that's most of the last 3 albums though.

Florence could do it, definitely. Theres a history of bands stepping up at Gladtonbury to fill in for cancellations etc. she'd be fine in that slot.

Yep. Pulp, Ash, Basement Jaxx and Gorillaz wouldn't have been widely considered as headliner-sized the year they stepped in, some at much longer notice, so if it came down to it then Flo and the Machine would actually be more than suitable considering the amount of folk tipping them to step up to headline this year anyway.

People missing the point about Florence.

Like her or not, she is almost headliner status and was rumoured this time round. She has been on a very upward trajectory for 6 years now, with 3 big selling albums. No having a number one album isn't the sole factor in what makes a band a headliner (e.g. One Direction as somebody mentioned before), but having 3 number one albums not just in the UK but all over the world is a very strong indicator of her appeal.

No she is not 'legendary' as somebody put it, but neither are Kasabian or Mumford and Sons.

IMO they were right not to bump her up this time round, but if God forbid Foo Fighters do pull out I think that she is far more justified to step up than say Pharrell Williams or Paul Weller would be.

Yep. Pulp, Ash, Basement Jaxx and Gorillaz wouldn't have been widely considered as headliner-sized the year they stepped in, some at much longer notice, so if it came down to it then Flo and the Machine would actually be more than suitable considering the amount of folk tipping them to step up to headline this year anyway.

Riding the rail for this one in anticipation.

Were Basement Jaxx bumped? I thought they were a new booking at the time

They were bumped when Kylie pulled out. It resulted in Bobby Gillespies infamous on stage antics when they subbed Basement Jaxx that year, throwing nazi salutes as he was led of stage.

Edited by swede