Dave Grohl broken leg

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Response from Ticketmaster on twitter... still no further forward

Ticketmaster CS @TicketmasterCS 4m4 minutes ago

@62Jules The promoters have advised us that it's scheduled to go ahead as planned but if anything changes, we'll contact all customers.

@TicketmasterCS @foofighters - so not an official statement that they are definitely going ahead when did the promoters advise you?

Edited by Jules62

i wouldn't think anything of it - they probably just realised that it looked like a confirmation of Foos definitely still playing when actually it was just an assurance that thus far the shows are still planned to go ahead

Yep, this. They clearly are planning on it going ahead, but there could be complications when someone's having treatment so you don't want to open yourself up to criticism by guaranteeing something.

To be honest, I think Wembley may be too soon but I think Glastonbury will be okay.  I've got tickets for Wembley as well and I need to book transport but am a bit reluctant as theres every chance money could be wasted.  I broke my leg a few years ago and mine was a very simple break - straight across no displacement, so I think he will struggle after just a week to do both of the Wembley nights.

Wouldn't read too much in to the tweets at all. Ticketmaster gave a standard "No news means we're assuming it's still on" answer and then deleted the response when they realised people might construe that as some kind of official new info.  

Edited by TomWales

Which, I think, is a positive sign. :)

If they'd already decided they wouldn't be playing any shows until Dave was better to some degree, they'd have cancelled the next couple of weeks already.

Yeah sounds right. Gives off the impression he adores his fans and wouldn't want to let anyone down. I think they'll 100% be there. But then what do I know.

Does anyone know if they have much history with cancelling gigs?

EDIt: just caught up that they cancelled two European gigs for sunday and today.

Edited by Likearollingstone

If the Foo Fighters did need to cancel Glasto, would an announcement be held of on until the festival had a replacement/solution in place to announce?

I assume they might have their hand forced it Foo Fighters were to make an announcement about the Wembley shows (which needs to be done pretty soon).

I bet they're already counting the cash from an exclusive deal to headline Reading/Leeds next year - but they won't get as much cash for R/L is they're also having to headline Glastonbury next year. Much the same applies with the Wembley shows too (tho they might be able to be done later this summer, perhaps).

Are we to presume you reckon them at R&L next year is a given as well then?