Dave Grohl broken leg

FloorFiller

Really? If Glastonbury was given the 'no we can't play', Glastonbury would surely say something? Wembley has to organise stuff with ticket master and stuff which surely takes more time?

If Glastonbury was cancelled I think their fans would put two and two together and there'd be a minor frenzy, as they wouldn't cancel shows a week after shows they intend to play.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I'm dubious about that guy because if he was told 3 hours ago why would they be waiting to make an official announcement? And why is he seemingly the only wembley Staff member with any info on Twitter?

Well... it could be that it is true and he is the only one thick enough to blab about it on social media when it's obviously being kept under wraps.

Really? If Glastonbury was given the 'no we can't play', Glastonbury would surely say something? Wembley has to organise stuff with ticket master and stuff which surely takes more time?

Yes but given Glastonbury is after Wembley, I'd imagine that the Eavii wouldn't pull such a dick move... If Glasto announced that Foos had cancelled them before Wembley announced it, that would leave all the Wembley punters pretty much certain that it was cancelled but with no information.

If Glasto are going to announce a cancellation they will wait for Foos to announce cancelling Wembley first.

Well... it could be that it is true and he is the only one thick enough to blab about it on social media when it's obviously being kept under wraps.

He works freelance, he was supposedly told he's not needed. Not that shows had been cancelled. Dave clearly needs special healing food that this guy can't provide.

Yes but given Glastonbury is after Wembley, I'd imagine that the Eavii wouldn't pull such a dick move... If Glasto announced that Foos had cancelled them before Wembley announced it, that would leave all the Wembley punters pretty much certain that it was cancelled but with no information.

If Glasto are going to announce a cancellation they will wait for Foos to announce cancelling Wembley first.

Surely the Glastonbury people wouldn't mind the time any delay would allow them to pick up the phone to Albarn/ Martin et al in an effort to have a replacement to announce at the same time?

There's so much more to sort out for the Wembley and Murrayfield shows than there is Glastonbury and Wertcher, so it makes sense that GFL might not even know yet. Ticket refunds/rescheduling etc. etc. where as Glastonbury and Wertcher will probably bump an act up and that's it. 

I think the guy is legit, I don't see any 'piss taking' tweets. Bit weird that he's been told before an official announcement if true but hey ho. 

Edited by GlastoSimon

I wasn't being particularly serious actually. Just more so highlighting that FF will do 2016.

And with regards to Muse you can rule them out 6 after last doing it and 2 albums released. Plus their new show is the best rock show I've seen.

I'm ruling them out because Glastonbury never book acts on their second Summer of touring an album at festivals. If they play any festivals I'd put good money on it being IOW/R&L.

Surely the Glastonbury people wouldn't mind the time any delay would allow them to pick up the phone to Albarn/ Martin et al in an effort to have a replacement to announce at the same time?

I agree. I wouldn't mind betting that the Eavii have already got Damon on standby!!

One question:

Why is he in London if they've supposedly cancelled shows in London?

I find it slightly strange though as the FF spokesman said that It'd take Dave more than that (the fall) to stop him from douni Glasto.

That was a Glastonbury spokesman I believe, so it's natural for them to be optimistic. 

I'm ruling them out because Glastonbury never book acts on their second Summer of touring an album at festivals. If they play any festivals I'd put good money on it being IOW/R&L.

EDIT: Shit, sorry Will, thought you meant Foos! Will learn to read in future :lol:

Edited by GlastoSimon