Dave Grohl broken leg

FloorFiller

CATBM saved my life. I hit rock bottom, I was close to ending it all but then they came on the radio and everything in my life instantly seemed a lot brighter. It was at that moment I realised that no matter how bad my life ends up I'm never going to be as bad as one of those c**ts and if they have the audacity to waste precious air then why should I stop my supply of it?

:sarcastic:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was Flo though, I think I'd rather get to headliner status on my own merit, rather than always have it in the back of my mind that I was just bumped up because Dave Grohl broke his leg.

Nah who knows how popular you will be a couple of years, she would just at the chance, plus it would have extra publicity as she is replacing the Foo Fighters. I hate to say it, but if the Foo Fighters do end up cancelling, she would be the best realistic replacement they could get at short notice and deserving of it. (I'll be at Hot Chip though :P).

I am liking that that the cabin fever of the headliner's thread seems to have returned and people already sticking the knives into the band to. I'd imagine they would be the same people complaining if the Foo Fighters cancelled with no information about refunds/rescheduled dates and the million other things they have to sort out.

One thing that's not being considered is where all of foos time will go. Florence doesn't have a big set ready, doesn't need much set up time and certainly can't fill 150 minutes. They'd need someone with a show ready to go who could make a big dent in that; even bumping florence to 90 minutes means they'd have at least a gaping hour whole in their programme.

One thing that's not being considered is where all of foos time will go. Florence doesn't have a big set ready, doesn't need much set up time and certainly can't fill 150 minutes. They'd need someone with a show ready to go who could make a big dent in that; even bumping florence to 90 minutes means they'd have at least a gaping hour whole in their programme.

yeah, but that's not a huge problem, you just increase the gap between bands during the day by 10 mins.

Two things:

- this guy with his "five days off". Could it be that the five days off started with the saturday (day before pinkpop) and end on the Wednesday (two days before Wembley)?

- if Foos are based in London for their European tour and Glastonbury is the last date of the European tour, then they would have gone home already if Glasto wasn't going to happen.

Friday's Wembley gig might be a concern but I don't think Glastonbury has got anything to worry about.

Isn't it more likely that the reason they haven't announced anything yet, or officially confirmed or cancelled any dates, is because they're simply giving it a few days and observing the healing process, and Dave's general state of health? I don't really think it's possible to read into anything at this stage other than that they'll definitely play if they can.

Isn't it more likely that the reason they haven't announced anything yet, or officially confirmed or cancelled any dates, is because they're simply giving it a few days and observing the healing process, and Dave's general state of health? I don't really think it's possible to read into anything at this stage other than that they'll definitely play if they can.

Let's go with this!! Good morning all. Hopefully we get some Wembley news today.

I don't think Blur would jump at the chance. They performed six years ago and knocked it out of the park so to drop in without much time to add many touches and still try to top it, doesn't really sound that great a deal for them. They probably already knocked Glastonbury back a couple of months ago. Damon stepped in with Gorillaz but that was his opportunity to have Gorillaz headline Glastonbury, and he had a month longer to prepare.

What Blur have in their favour is that they don't need to prepare. They headlined a major festival last weekend, huge outdoor gig this weekend and they've already played a few smaller warm ups. Just a case of selecting the set list and off they go.

While it suits people with travel plans that they announce a cancellation as soon as possible, there's also an argument for leaving the decision to the last minute in the hope that the leg will get better before the weekend.

The fact that he's not immediately been signed off as out of commission for the next few weeks is a positive indicator that they'll decide his health for each upcoming gig on a case by case basis and if he's maybe not fit for one he might be all right for the one after that..

Hopefully we should have a yes or a no today.... I would hope!! Those of us who have tickets wouldn't mind knowing what's happening with Friday and Saturday. Along with those people going to Murrayfield as well. 

Though - I can fully understand why they would want to leave it, he might be feeling much better by Thursday and able to happily play.. From a commercial point of view, they must be thinking of the money they stand to lose if cancelled / rescheduled!

Though - I can fully understand why they would want to leave it, he might be feeling much better by Thursday and able to happily play.. From a commercial point of view, they must be thinking of the money they stand to lose if cancelled / rescheduled!

Precisely. If forced to give an early answer they might hedge their bets and cancel, whereas giving it time his condition might improve.

Besides, it's the promoters who'd stand to lose money and they'll be insured.

For all the suggestions of big bands to replace the Foos should they cancel, we should remember 1997 when Stevie Winwood and Neil Young (the Sunday headliner and sub respectively) both cancelled at short notice. The replacements were Ash and Kula Shaker, both of whom were already playing the Other Stage over the weekend (as a sub and Headliner for that stage).

If that scenario were to be repeated there could be a much larger pool of potential replacements than is being considered in this thread.

For all the suggestions of big bands to replace the Foos should they cancel, we should remember 1997 when Stevie Winwood and Neil Young (the Sunday headliner and sub respectively) both cancelled at short notice. The replacements were Ash and Kula Shaker, both of whom were already playing the Other Stage over the weekend (as a sub and Headliner for that stage).

If that scenario were to be repeated there could be a much larger pool of potential replacements than is being considered in this thread.

Yeah, particularly for filling in underneath Flo if she is bumped up. There are plenty of bands in the area!