Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it doesn't show the importance to the team of the players, true, but surely that's an issue for the club of too much concentrated in a small number of players and fuck all to do with injuries?

It's more that it exaggerates the problem at big clubs with large squads where they have lots of bit-part players getting injured but it has no impact on their actual team selection.

The ones that stand out in that table are Newcastle, Bournemouth, Watford and Leicester.

3 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

It's more that it exaggerates the problem at big clubs with large squads where they have lots of bit-part players getting injured but it has no impact on their actual team selection.

The ones that stand out in that table are Newcastle, Bournemouth, Watford and Leicester.

two contrasting statements, then. :P

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it doesn't show the importance to the team of the players, true, but surely that's an issue for the club of too much concentrated in a small number of players and fuck all to do with injuries?

It could do theoretically but not necessarily. 

In other news, Tiote sold to China for £8m.

He has been awful for 12 months, but are we really selling one of our most experienced midfielders now? Seems to me the club are putting a lot of faith in Shelvey having a positive impact. Decent fee considering his form but seems to me like we'll be relying heavily on new signings.

Unless we'll move Sissoko back to the middle and play someone else out wide.

4 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

In other news, Tiote sold to China for £8m.

He has been awful for 12 months, but are we really selling one of our most experienced midfielders now? Seems to me the club are putting a lot of faith in Shelvey having a positive impact. Decent fee considering his form but seems to me like we'll be relying heavily on new signings.

Seems like a good move for all involved if Shelvey can sort his attitude out. Tiote will earn a shit ton out there and if Shelvey plays to the level he is capable, he'll be a lot more than a decent replacement.

7 hours ago, Dan R said:

Thing is that Leicester have have stopped leaking goals, three clean sheets on the trot against very decent opposition. I thought that if they started struggling for goals that's when it would fall apart, but again they surprise everyone. 

I'm just constantly saying "how the fuck are we still in this?" continually. And have been doing since about September if I'm honest. Utterly baffling, and I adore it! 

I wasnt surprised to see to see us conceding so many early on, I'd argue we've got one of the least mobile centre half partnerships in the league. 

But as you say, we've somehow kept 3 clean sheets on the bounce. I'm starting to believe...

20 minutes ago, thetime said:

Well Leicester have got through there tough schedule pretty much unscathed. 

They are in a 3 way title battle that's for sure.

Yep, they're definitely more than a 3 week wonder.

And people thought it was pretty stunning when Liverpool managed to jump from (was it?) 7th to 2nd in one season. :lol:

(mind you, there's the opposite of that too, Utd's massive slump that same year, and Chelsea's this time - both delicious :D).

I'm not going to do Leicester the disservice of thinking they'll drop out of the top 4, tho I do think it's probably the case they won't manage to go quite as well in the 2nd half of the season to the first - so might finish 6 or 8 points off the top team.

I still think it's going to be Arsenal's season, tho I wouldn't entirely rule out Leicester missing out on just goal difference.

Just on the train back from the Newcastle vs West Ham game.

First half, Newcastle were like a totally different team. Playing some fantastic football and fully deserved the 2 goal lead and maybe should have had more.

Second half, Newcastle were shite and were lucky to hold onto the game. 

Shelvey was fantastic, that's the sort of passing we have missed since Cabaye left. Think he was a naughty boy though and could be looking at a ban.

Prediction for today? 3-1 to Liverpool.

Tho as I've posted already, if 'dull' Utd turn up I reckon Utd will win .... but I lean towards the idea that the atmosphere will get to them and they'll come out all guns blazing - which seems to suit Liverpool, and is why I reckon they'll come out on top.

Edited by eFestivals

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Prediction for today? 3-1 to Liverpool.

Tho as I've posted already, if 'dull' Utd turn up I reckon Utd will win .... but I lean towards the idea that the atmosphere will get to them and they'll come out all guns blazing - which seems to suit Liverpool, and is why I reckon they'll come out on top.

2-0

Man Utd will be looking to prove themselves and will play a good game, but looking at all the results of yesterdays game there hasn't been a single home side loss, probably due to away team players being tired from travelling to two away games in one week. United will have plenty of shots but won't be able to finish. I expect them to give away a silly penalty and then not be able to recover.