2017 festival

kaosmark2

19 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

No worries.

Seems like a pretty agreeable prediction as of right now, although this is R&L tho, so no doubt they'll be a few unexpected bookings - I certainly wouldn't put my money against You Me At Six getting billed as a headliner after this year. Green Day's new singles out tonight isn't it? My expectations are pretty low but I'd be interested how well it's received. 

Its meant ti be a fast paced dookie era esque song 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Its meant ti be a fast paced dookie era esque song 

Sounds good to me, lost all my interest in new material from them after Uno, Dos and Tre, Kill The DJ probably the worst single they've release to date, but a return to their roots would be very welcomed. 

Just now, JSmurphy said:

Sounds good to me, lost all my interest in new material from them after Uno, Dos and Tre, Kill The DJ probably the worst single they've release to date, but a return to their roots would be very welcomed. 

I just think I'm we're going to be underwhelemd. I just don't think they can release anything that's catchy anymore. Loved to be proved wrong. 

I'm more pumped for Bon Iver tomorrow :)

Meh. Not a fan of that track. It's no better than some of the tracks from Uno, Dos, Tre. 

I don't know why bands like Green Day and Sum 41 still bother. I mean, how can anyone get excited about them releasing such bland new material when you've got the likes of Neck Deep absolutely killing Pop Punk right now. 

Edited by Andre91

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Meh. Not a fan of that track. It's no better than some of the tracks from Uno, Dos, Tre. 

I don't know why bands like Green Day and Sum 41 still bother. I mean, how can anyone get excited about them releasing such bland new material when you've got the likes of Neck Deep absolutely killing Pop Punk right now. 

Sum 41's new song is pretty good tbf. Probably better than anything off the new Blink album.

On 11/07/2016 at 4:25 PM, Foals/Disclosure said:

Queens of the Stone Age // You Me At Six // Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls

Jamie T

The Prodigy // Chase & Status // A Day To Remember

Bastille

Kasabian // Vampire Weekend // Catfish & the Bottlemen

Enter Shakiri

Throwback... but this'd be awesome.

On 11/08/2016 at 4:19 PM, FloorFiller said:

new Green Day here

http://www.nme.com/news/green-day/95604

album Revolution Radio out October 7

(probably not right place to post but considering they're possibly a contender for next year, why not)

I want my 3 and half minutes back

On 12/08/2016 at 0:35 AM, Shaun182 said:

Sum 41's new song is pretty good tbf. Probably better than anything off the new Blink album.

Both are bad so it doesn't really matter

Royal Blood (co-headline)  / Prophets Of Rage (co-headline) / Run The Jewels / Twin Atlantic / New Found Glory 

Chase & Status / Stormzy 

Kasabian / Catfish / HAIM / Wolf Alice / Peace 

Brand New / Don Broco 

Blink-182 / A Day To Remember / Weezer / Architects / Neck Deep

FLUME (closing set) / Jake Bugg 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Royal Blood (co-headline)  / Prophets Of Rage (co-headline) / Run The Jewels / Twin Atlantic / New Found Glory 

Chase & Status / Stormzy 

Kasabian / Catfish / HAIM / Wolf Alice / Peace 

Brand New / Don Broco 

Blink-182 / A Day To Remember / Weezer / Architects / Neck Deep

FLUME (closing set) / Jake Bugg 

When in this world are POR co-headlining?, RTJ Subbing, TA 3rd etc. Wolf Alice will surely be above HAIM now...who have just disappeared. Sunday top 3 is decent enough. Perfect spot for C&S right now tbh.

58 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

When in this world are POR co-headlining?, RTJ Subbing, TA 3rd etc. Wolf Alice will surely be above HAIM now...who have just disappeared. Sunday top 3 is decent enough. Perfect spot for C&S right now tbh.

Prophets of Rage is going to be a big deal if it eventually comes over here, and if they make R&L their only UK shows then a headline billing (co or otherwise) or at the very least very special guests to a headliner wouldn't surprise me too much. 

And Run The Jewels aren't subbing, they're playing third down. Same for Twin Atlantic being third. And HAIM have 'disappeared' to record an anticipated new record, so they're only going to come back bigger when that comes out. 

NME headline is exactly where I expect Chase & Status to play now, though. Especially with those venues they've announced for the tour. 

51 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

For once Gazza's right about something, there is no way in hell Prophets of Rage are co-headlining.

3/4 of a classic band that are right for the R+L demo? Not that crazy at all. I could at least imagine R+L trying to attempt it which is more than can be said for Fall Out Boy.

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

And Run The Jewels aren't subbing, they're playing third down. Same for Twin Atlantic being third. And HAIM have 'disappeared' to record an anticipated new record, so they're only going to come back bigger when that comes out. 

NME headline is exactly where I expect Chase & Status to play now, though. Especially with those venues they've announced for the tour. 

They are subbing and third down. :P I don't see them being third down though. Can't see Haim being that much bigger than they were meant to be this year either. And yeah the Chase + Status tour is smaller than their last one but I think it's the same size as when they subbed - I could see it going either way to be honest.

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Kaiser Chiefs aren't gonna headline/co-headline if that's what you're getting at

Well if this year has proved anything it's that they're willing to book shite rock-gone-pop bands that peaked in the noughties to headline for no explicable reason.

I mean, look who's coheadlining with Fall Out Boy. ;)

On 8/16/2016 at 10:38 PM, Andre91 said:

Prophets of Rage is going to be a big deal if it eventually comes over here, and if they make R&L their only UK shows then a headline billing (co or otherwise) or at the very least very special guests to a headliner wouldn't surprise me too much. 

It's a bit glorified 3rd down but okay, I think it would look stronger for them be on a day with sole header and sub.

POR if they came over might sub....heading no