Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

13 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Opinions and all but I'm honestly baffled someone could actually think that...

I mean Muse had some good tunes (still nowhere near Radiohead), as for Coldplay, they literally don't have a single song that would get into my Radiohead top 50 (or even more).

Are any of them rumored be Rammstein sub at RW16? :P

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have noticed something interesting. NOS Alive usually shared two of their headliners with Rock Werchter in the last past years. This year, no headliner is shared for the moment and 1) Pixies are ruled out because of Dour 2) Chemicals were playing last year the same day that Florence 3) Arcade Fire is ruled out...

--> Radiohead is not far away to close Rock Werchter ?

7 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

I have noticed something interesting. NOS Alive usually shared two of their headliners with Rock Werchter in the last past years. This year, no headliner is shared for the moment and 1) Pixies are ruled out because of Dour 2) Chemicals were playing last year the same day that Florence 3) Arcade Fire is ruled out...

Don't you start getting my hopes up ;)

7 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

I would take them in a heartbeat,  but where? McCartney is stong enough on his own,  ditto Rammstein. Editors and RHCP share the strongest day (according to day ticket sales).  Flo and Macklemore  (together with Beck,  TLSP,  Iggy and more) are probably enough too, Radiohead will make it insane.. 

24 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

I'lI would take them in a heartbeat,  but where? McCartney is stong enough on his own,  ditto Rammstein. Editors and RHCP share the strongest day (according to day ticket sales).  Flo and Macklemore  (together with Beck,  TLSP,  Iggy and more) are probably enough too, Radiohead will make it insane.. 

I can see three solutions : if it's a name not announced yet in NOS like the National, there's a space on Thursday before Macca, a space on Friday before Rammstein and a space on Sunday after Florence; if it's Radiohead, the only possibility is after Florence; in both cases this line-up would be EPIC :P

Edit : but Aren't the National ruled out of NOS because of another fest ? 

Édit 2 : Yes, Super Bock Rock.

Édit 3: I'm not bipolar.

Edited by Tremousse

1 hour ago, yaniv297 said:

Opinions and all but I'm honestly baffled someone could actually think that...

I mean Muse had some good tunes (still nowhere near Radiohead), as for Coldplay, they literally don't have a single song that would get into my Radiohead top 50 (or even more).

But as was said re. Rammstein, you have to like thw band to think that.

For me Muse made stops mostly at BH&R bar the very odd track, Coldplay stopped at Xylo Moloto, but I wasn't big a fan of all their stuff previous as some of it I found to draggy and dreary but they make one of my favorite songs ever and Coldplay 2011 at Glasto is beyond words for how good it was. 

47 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Supposedly a different Belgian festival is announcing Elvis Costello, The Kooks and The Hives in the next days. Ruled out for Werchter if true.

Can't stand the Kooks but other two would have been a good addition

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

Can't stand the Kooks but other two would have been a good addition

I've seen the Kooks twice (2007, 2010) in two french festivals : they were horrible ahah, both worst concerts of my life with Beirut (2015). But I'm a bit disappointed for the two others as well, The Hives were a good experience and I've never seen Elvis Costello (I wish I had)

1 hour ago, BlockRockinBeats said:

Biffy to headline Reading/Leeds, which Foels, Disclosure, RHCP and more are all at and sharing with RW!

Can we read anything into this? 

I'm still reckoning they will play. Doing 2 fests same weekend, same days as BMTH and announcing festivals this week (NOS Alive, Reading, Leeds and one in Italy week after). 

Is there a new Biffy Clyro single coming soon? It would make sense that they warrant a third down (or even sub) spot for Biffy Clyro by only announcing it after the new single hits the airwaves. They did the same for Mumford & Sons last year: we already knew they were around, but the Werchter announced followed right after the debut of their new single. 

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

Biffy would make festival a lot better for me. What days at RW are possible if they are also playing other festivals that weekend 

It's the Friday or Sunday. 

Playing Sat in Finland (W/BMTH)

Playing Thurs in Sweden (W/BMTH)

Thinking of going on thursday. Would never be able to go to Flume, Macca and Disclosure seperate concerts for less than 100€. 

Do you guys think we'll still get a semi-big name for that day? Or at least something decent clashing with Ellie Goulding as I can't stand her. Hope she's not the sub.

11 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I would prefer them on the Sunday tbh. Friday is solid enough for me on the Wheres the Sunday so far is pretty dire for my tastes

Aye I'm with you on that. 

Then again Sunday looks ace for me Florence/Macklemore/Iggy/Last Shadow Puppets/Beck/Foals but would pick Biffy over most of them tbf.