• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

I agree with the last two posts!

How many international bands are yet to be announced do we reckon?

Looking at previous years it's 5 mainstage acts and 9 2nd stage acts each day, so that is 5 main and 14 2nd TBA.

First day always has 5 international names on the main, with quite big openers (Stereophonics, Ben Howard, The Wombats). 2nd and 3rd day the chance is quite big we'll get a local name as main opener. So my guess is 3 international names for the main TBA (1 for day 1 and 2 for day 3 since we only got 2 for that day). 2nd stage has 1-4 Portugese acts per day, 7/8 in total I estimate, with Paus and Carlao we already have 2 of them.

9 minutes ago, Finge said:

Looking at previous years it's 5 mainstage acts and 9 2nd stage acts each day, so that is 5 main and 14 2nd TBA.

First day always has 5 international names on the main, with quite big openers (Stereophonics, Ben Howard, The Wombats). 2nd and 3rd day the chance is quite big we'll get a local name as main opener. So my guess is 3 international names for the main TBA (1 for day 1 and 2 for day 3 since we only got 2 for that day). 2nd stage has 1-4 Portugese acts per day, 7/8 in total I estimate, with Paus and Carlao we already have 2 of them.

Thank you :)

We can still have a few good names then!!
The only portuguese-singing I know (brasilian though) are Thievery Corporation (14-17 july in Czech Republic) and Flavia Coelho (17 july in France) ! Hope they come!

Of interest The Last Shadow Puppets have been announced to play the Saturday at TiTP. Seemed like if they were to play NOS Alive that day is where they would fit in. So I think the likeliness of them playing has just dropped quite a lot. 

I'm not particuarly fussed about them, but I know quite a few on here would like to see them play.

12 minutes ago, aj3000and12 said:

Of interest The Last Shadow Puppets have been announced to play the Saturday at TiTP. Seemed like if they were to play NOS Alive that day is where they would fit in. So I think the likeliness of them playing has just dropped quite a lot. 

I'm not particuarly fussed about them, but I know quite a few on here would like to see them play.

Ohh nice! Maybe they are the opener for Day 1?

2 more surprise acts can be announced on NOS stage on the 9th then :D that day already can't be better for my personal tastes...

17 hours ago, aj3000and12 said:

Yeah, I'd say it's looking unlikely now. They don't appear to be playing 3 consecutive nights on their summer stint but they would have to do that in order to play NOS. The only glimmer of hope is that someone on here said they had info that them and Savages were due to be announced. 

1 minute ago, TomViolence said:

Yeah, I'd say it's looking unlikely now. They don't appear to be playing 3 consecutive nights on their summer stint but they would have to do that in order to play NOS. The only glimmer of hope is that someone on here said they had info that them and Savages were due to be announced. 

Yes, the same info that gave us Arcade Fire (who woud have "predicted" that??).

5 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Yes, the info seemed good. But Savages were announced for NOS primavera and TLSP seem less and less likely...

Well, I don't mind losing them over AF or whatever else she predicted :)

Still, that means that some band we didnt even talk about could come... I hope for Biffy Clyro!

1 hour ago, Richi1988 said:

To be fair I'm pretty happy they're announcing the lesser known bands now, that way there's still some exciting announcements (hopefully!) to come as the festival draws closer.

I really hope so too. Would be happy with the following: Iggy Pop, Beck, Garbage, Manic Street Preachers. Also Paul McCartney but that's not likely to happen. 

16 minutes ago, Idioteque18 said:

I'm new to this festival and when line-ups get announced, sorry to be a pain, but could anyone tell me what type of acts have been announced around this time past years? What big acts have been announced after the headliners in other years?

It's hard to tell a pattern. Disclosure, which were headliners last year were announced in the middle of March. Mogwai and Chromeo at the end of March. Django Django announced at the beginning of April - by this time almost all acts were announced... Not sure it helps much, but by the end of March we should all have most acts announced...

2 hours ago, Mirror said:

It's hard to tell a pattern. Disclosure, which were headliners last year were announced in the middle of March. Mogwai and Chromeo at the end of March. Django Django announced at the beginning of April - by this time almost all acts were announced... Not sure it helps much, but by the end of March we should all have most acts announced...

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

They will play on Thursday July 7, so that probably completes the NOS Stage for that day (and confirms Chems and Pixies as co-headliners).

Just 2 names confirmed for NOS stage on Saturday 9th, I'm curious what will be added there...

One more for Friday also hopefully.

great announcement for me :)  i only know a few songs but i've heard that they are  very good live. is it safe to say that their live performances would be like kasabian/foals? anyway we got 2 reading co)headliners playing 4th and 3rd down :D

i cant wait for the saturday main stage acts :)

6 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

great announcement for me :)  i only know a few songs but i've heard that they are  very good live. is it safe to say that their live performances would be like kasabian/foals? anyway we got 2 reading co)headliners playing 4th and 3rd down :D

i cant wait for the saturday main stage acts :)

Me too! Had 1 opportunity to see them years ago but opted for someone else regretfully. I think you'll know more songs than you realise. Great announcement!!!