Self Confirmed 2016

JoeyT

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Thought I think it might be time to turn the scrutiny on This Year's Catfish.

Who's in the frame? Blossoms? The Sherlocks?

I reckon, unfortunately this year's Catfish are ... still fucking Catfish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am looking for some recommendations as well. Are Wolf Alice any cop? I thought it was indie landfill. 

I didn't think much of them to start with but am starting to like them a lot, and by all accounts they are better live than on record. They certainly aren't landfill.

Have a listen to all the TBCs and SRs (and confirmed acts) and find your own recommendations on this here playlist.

28 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

not saying I'm so set on certaincy with regards to them doing WH imperticular, but I've seen someone on here in another thread say it too. What is the main audience for WH? 

From http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/west-holts/

There’s the unique and eclectic musical programme that fuses cosmic world beats, pop, rock, soul and disco from around the world whilst showcasing both established and new artists to an audience keen to explore musical adventures with like-minded people.

Does that sound like Catfish?

5 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

They look and sound as original as their name suggests: 

They've had a fucking shocker there, haven't they? Dear God. It's like somebody looked at Viva Brother and thought they were a bit too edgy and iconoclastic and needed toning down a bit.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Leeds electronic (formerly post-rock) group Vessels doing the Glade on Saturday according to this. That should be good.

Here's what they sound like

I remember watching Glastonbury on the red button a few years ago and seing Ornafives being played by them, wonderful stuff

10 minutes ago, Mardy said:

They've had a fucking shocker there, haven't they? Dear God. It's like somebody looked at Viva Brother and thought they were a bit too edgy and iconoclastic and needed toning down a bit.

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

Oofft that is shite

I'm just concerned that anyone thought it was a good idea to record that song, release it and even make a video for it. Perhaps it's some post-modern joke we're not in on. 

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They came to my attention when Steve 'Lamo' Lamacq played them the other night.

Nuff zed.

I listen to 6music pretty much all day at work but I have to turn off at 4 when 'lammo' shows up, because he plays shit like this.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup - sad to say that "Lammo" is the worst thing on 6Music by a country mile, forever stuck in an unloved backwater of 1990s indie music where Midway Still are the hot young act on the block and Kingmaker are gods.

Glad I'm not the only one to think so. I'm sure I read somewhere his is the most popular show. In the same way Lionel Richie pulls the biggest crowd at Glastonbury, I suppose.

47 minutes ago, eastynh said:

With all the confirmed and self confirmed, how do people think the line up is looking compared to last year?

For me personally I could not really ask for more with New Order, James, St Etienne and Stereo MC's. Last year I was only really bothered about Hot Chip.

Last year couldn't have been more perfect for me and was always going to be hard to follow. But nothing much on the rumoured line up to excite so far - Grimes excepted. Only need 5 or so acts over the weekend to keep me happy though. And sure they'll come with the big announcement. 

I actually wouldn't weep at a slightly less consistent line-up this year as last year I was zipping around the place without much opportunity to pause and smell the roses. A bit more breathing space wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

That said, early indications are that there's going to be a plethora of things to see.

36 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup - sad to say that "Lammo" is the worst thing on 6Music by a country mile, forever stuck in an unloved backwater of 1990s indie music where Midway Still are the hot young act on the block and Kingmaker are gods.

Yep, "Lammo" is the worst DJ on the station by miles, barely ever plays anything that isn't by white boys with guitars. Complete dinosaur!