Adele

mumzilla

3 hours ago, russycarps said:

And still no condemnation, just more excuses. 

How dare we criticise our wealthy overlords!

3 hours ago, OBface said:

I will always judge someone for taking such a stance.

But then you would prefer not to pay tax. Not surprising we have differing opinions.

Not sure I said I would prefer not to pay tax, my comment was in reference to the fact that most people protest at tax increases, but also at funding cuts.

I will pay what I am required to pay - that how a society works.  Same as Adele

Edited by Peroni

Not sure if this has been posted yet:

"I'm actually more excited than I was now because of all those rock and punk fans have been having a moan that I'm doing it and I'm like: 'You're going to get dragged along by your wife, so just deal with it,'" she said during her show at the O2 arena this weekend. "To be honest, those people moaning about it, I've probably been more times than them anyway, so shut up."

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2016/03/21/adele-responds-to-headline-glastonbury-critique

Good for her I say. I cannot wait to ugly cry on Saturday night.

5 hours ago, russycarps said:

How dare we criticise our wealthy overlords!

You dream that Adele is your wealthy overlord

You dirty boy. We know what you will be up to on the Saturday night at Glastonbury

We know what you mean about tugging your forlock now

;)

Edited by fred quimby

32 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

wait 'til Adele sees the Parquet Courts 'SR' get bumped up to 'TBC' and then that they're headlining Avalon Sat night...there goes her full pyramid field...

She'll rue the day she crossed the swathes of punk fans at the festival. Huge mistake from Delly Welly. 

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

She'll rue the day she crossed the swathes of punk fans at the festival. Huge mistake from Delly Welly. 

Every fucker who isn't seeing Adele will be all wearing double denim, gobbing on each other and calling everyone c**ts

Edited by BlackHole2006

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

21 year old gets hit with first big tax bill and isn't happy about it. But pays it. And has payed millions upon millions since. 5 years later people have doubts about her playing the festival.

Blur bass player. Tory voter and personal friends with Tory leader - best gig ever! Yaay!

The fuck is this horsepiss.

13 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Every fucker who isn't seeing Adele will be all wearing double denim, gobbing on each other and calling everyone c**ts

just a quick edit to make it accurate.

Edited by Mardy

7 hours ago, Peroni said:

Hmm.   I'm sure if given the choice people would pay less tax.  No one likes to pay it.... and have a right to be bitter about it. (It's an opinion right)

3 hours ago, Peroni said:

Not sure I said I would prefer not to pay tax, my comment was in reference to the fact that most people protest at tax increases, but also at funding cuts.

I will pay what I am required to pay - that how a society works.  Same as Adele

Your first post led me to that conclusion. Sorry if I am wrong.

Guarantee you Adele pays less in tax as a percentage of earnings than I do. Unfortunately that is how society works. Not in singling her out in any way, most on her extreme level of income have some fancy tax planning in place. 

Given the figures available for Amazon*, Google etc and the low amount of tax that they pay, I don't really think it's worth getting your knickers in a twist over Adele's flippant comment from 5 years ago about being shocked at how high her tax bill is. The important thing is that she paid it (we can only assume she has as there is nothing to tell us otherwise). 

I grumbled when my council tax bill came in the other day. It's almost £100 a month and that's with the single person discount. It makes me want to cry every time I pay it but I pay it because I understand that it pays for important services in the area and it's just a part of life. 

*for example: Amazon's main UK subsidiary paid just £3.2m in tax last year, according to accounts filed on Wednesday, despite overall UK sales of £4.2bn. Amazon's taxes for last year are only marginally higher than the £2.5m the company received in government grants during the year, according to the annual accounts published at Companies House. http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/may/15/amazon-uk-tax-3m

21 minutes ago, stardustjunkie said:

Given the figures available for Amazon*, Google etc and the low amount of tax that they pay, I don't really think it's worth getting your knickers in a twist over Adele's flippant comment from 5 years ago about being shocked at how high her tax bill is. The important thing is that she paid it (we can only assume she has as there is nothing to tell us otherwise). 

I grumbled when my council tax bill came in the other day. It's almost £100 a month and that's with the single person discount. It makes me want to cry every time I pay it but I pay it because I understand that it pays for important services in the area and it's just a part of life. 

*for example: Amazon's main UK subsidiary paid just £3.2m in tax last year, according to accounts filed on Wednesday, despite overall UK sales of £4.2bn. Amazon's taxes for last year are only marginally higher than the £2.5m the company received in government grants during the year, according to the annual accounts published at Companies House. http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/may/15/amazon-uk-tax-3m

exactly this!  Also given the paltry amount the govt managed to get in the back taxes "deal of the century" i think the outrage is mis-directed....

..Anyone else actually seen Adele live?  It was on that basis that I mentioned that she'll do alright having seeing my fair share of headliners over the past few years.  

1 minute ago, Peroni said:

exactly this!  Also given the paltry amount the govt managed to get in the back taxes "deal of the century" i think the outrage is mis-directed....

..Anyone else actually seen Adele live?  It was on that basis that I mentioned that she'll do alright having seeing my fair share of headliners over the past few years.  

I'm meant to be seeing her in a couple of weeks but I may not be able to go. If I do I will report back :) 

49 minutes ago, stardustjunkie said:

Not getting my knickers in a twist at all. Entirely apathetic to her playing.

29 minutes ago, Peroni said:

Don't worry, I have plenty of outrage for the likes of Google :)