Michael in Pilton tonight

outlinereality

Intriguing to see their info about Disclosure headlining the Friday on the Other. Thought LCD were 99% nailed on for that. I'm just hoping for no LCD/SigurRos/Foals/EW&F clashes. Neil where would you place LCD if not Friday Other? And where are you thinking Sigur Ros are most likely going to end up, in your opinion? 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

He also mentioned he has a meeting with Prince's representatives in a week's time and would like him for the 2018 festival.

And that 2017's headliners are booked. 

Make of that what you will. Typical soundbites from the great man. Thoroughly enjoyed his company. 

Incidentally, what was this meeting that happened last night? I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere.

How would they manage the Prince 2018 thing unless the Fallow Festival had more money attached somehow, nothing has changed apart from that really. If they are aiming that high it would suggest the same high ticket price or that they are worried they wouldnt sell out and so needed rumours of big acts which would justify Princes weird 'you're just using my name to hype up a festival' ranting.

But then again it is just Michael talking. I need a coffee.

I can see centerparks being the luxury accommodation for the festival with busses running back and forth constantly to the festival site. Centerparcs would be very happy with this as normally rates in June are quite low ( not school hols) so they could up them and easily sell out the site purely for this.

2k for a 4 bedroom lodge I.e. 250 per person would be understandable. Dread to think now much the cabins with Hot tubs etc would go for!

Edited by Squonk

9 hours ago, weirdforces said:

I really hope it will be called not-Glastonbury.

We should set up a competition to see who can predict the eventual name, maybe?

Fallowfest?

Camp Glastonbury? 

Glastonbury Orient?

My fave (given likely location) is Longitude - they could even hold it the same weekend as the Suffolk-based Glasto wannabe!

16 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

Fallowfest?

Camp Glastonbury? 

Glastonbury Orient?

My fave (given likely location) is Longitude - they could even hold it the same weekend as the Suffolk-based Glasto wannabe!

There's already a Longitude festival in Ireland - linked with Latitude! 

3 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

There's already a Longitude festival in Ireland - linked with Latitude! 

Is there?!  ...googles... Oh yeah. 

Ah, I was just thinking it would have been a good opportunity for Latitude to do a Reading/Leeds with Suffolk and Longleat.Guess Ireland makes more sense than Longleat, too.

38 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

Fallowfest?

Camp Glastonbury? 

Glastonbury Orient?

Glasto McGlastoFace seems the obvious one.

12 hours ago, musky said:

Incidentally, what was this meeting that happened last night? I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere.

Michael was giving his talk in aid of CPRE and was in Pilton Working Mens Club! (pretty posh place really!!). 

He looked well and was in fine form!! Xx

11 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

How would they manage the Prince 2018 thing unless the Fallow Festival had more money attached somehow, nothing has changed apart from that really. 

Do we know that the 2018 festival is in June? Wasn't there some weird news item last December claiming Prince had confirmed he was willing to play Glastonbury in April?

Re: Charlotte Church appearing on Leftfield; I wonder if Charlotte Church's Pop Dungeon will get a slot on one of the late night stages. Tearing up the #atpfestival hashtag right now where she's apparently covered Joy Division, Basement Jaxx, Bowie, Nine Inch Nails and Neutral Milk Hotel. Seems p. interesting.