Headliner predictions 2017

swede

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I await an incoming @eastynh to tell you off 

Hopefully they throw someone in at the deep in, slightly contraversial, get some people talking, only for them to blow the fucking place away 

Step forward,

Kendrick Lamar :)

I am not going to tell him off mate. I have no idea what the Modes popularity would be at somewhere like Glastonbury.  It is a difficult one to gauge.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stone Roses too niche? I'm not the biggest fan, but saying Stone Roses are too niche for Glastonbury is mental. If that's the case, I guess we're thinking Rihanna, Beyonce and Sheeran for headliners then.

Edited by jparx

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

A source that should be good said that The Stone Roses and Radiohead are in place for next year, allegedly from the mouth of Michael Eavis. Though Neil added the source had been on 'the sauce' so it might've been a wind up.

Still only 'R' on the rumour page tho so maybe it's not fully taken at face value.

Because he defo gave some bullshit along with the band info.

It's not clear to me if he was saying what we know to be bullshit had also come from Michael tho, and it's not impossible that that bullshit was the result of mis-hearing or mis-understanding (from when he heard it or from when he passed it on).

So there's very good reasons to doubt what he said, and yet I do lean towards the bands part of what was said to be correct because the same geezer has given us some wonderfully accurate info in the past. He knows stuff that very few do.

Edited by eFestivals

10 hours ago, Al2006 said:

I think it's funny everyone thinks ed Sheeran is a certain, there's no evidence at all. Personally would be embarrassed if he did

Will have a new album out , commercially successful, sold out Wembley stadium for 3 dates.

He ticks all the boxes for headlining 

21 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Roses, Radiohead and a Sheeran or similar would be a really solid set of headliners. 

Has anyone started the Radiohead 2017 thread yet?

We're hoping you will so that we'll have;

Radiohead 2017

By The Nal

On the front page for the next 12 months. 

On 29 June 2016 at 11:56 PM, thewayiam said:

You know thats not that bad compared to sometimes. Honestly I was 3 rows from the front at Coachella Weekend 2 and it was the best vocal I heard from him. Heaton Park he sounded badish and Finsbury but its the fans signing people through it that makes it.

As Ian Brown vocals go, the Friday at the Etihad was the best Ive ever heard him, I think he's spent the last 4 years having some vocal coaching as he had really good range, he still cant sing She Bangs the Drum, but other than that he was spot on. Ive been going to gigs/festivals for nearly 20 years now and it was up there with the best concerts Ive ever been to.

Those songs need to be played on the pyramid.

Another poster mentioned possible headliners, I don't think it'll be over the next couple of years but I think Paulo Nutini will headline in a couple of albums time, then theres Foals, Disclosure, Biffy, Kendrick Lamar, way down the line you could see TDCC, Haim, or even Wolf Alice, but that's a long long time down the line.

Ed Sheeran is the male Adele - he's a perfect fit for a headliner.

Radiohead would be nice but, unlike Coldplay, they wont break out the gimmicks to justify a repeated headline spot, so I'm not so sure it will work.

Stone Roses, as ever, make perfect sense, but as ever ... who knows?

Foo Fighters obviously will headline at some point, hard to call that one until they break cover again.

4 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Radiohead would be nice but, unlike Coldplay, they wont break out the gimmicks to justify a repeated headline spot, so I'm not so sure it will work.

It's been 13 years since they last headlined. Every time they even do anything now it gets reported a lot in the media (eg the Roundhouse tickets situation) so there will be a lot of people interested or at least curious. No one expects gimmicks from Radiohead, I think it will work perfectly well. 

They do need to make sure they have an Other headliner with big mainstream appeal though. Would've been good to have someone like Disclosure up against them if they hadn't played this year. 

Edited by arcade fireman

5 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

It's been 13 years since they last headlined. Every time they even do anything now it gets reported a lot in the media (eg the Roundhouse tickets situation) so there will be a lot of people interested or at least curious. No one expects gimmicks from Radiohead, I think it will work perfectly well. 

They do need to make sure they have an Other headliner with big mainstream appeal though. Would've been good to have someone like Disclosure up against them if they hadn't played this year. 

If Radiohead do headline, I reckon it'll be The Prodigy or Faithless on the Other.

I am going to see Hacienda classical on Saturday. By all accounts they are selling out every venue they are playing. Where could we get that? West Holts maybe?

The Roses would get a ridiculously big crowd at Glastonbury. If New Order can fill the other stage field while the biggest artist in the world in on the Pyramid, then the Roses would fill the Pyramid field. 

One thing I did notice from Glasto this year, there were far far more Roses tshirts knocking about than any other bands.

I wanna nip this in the bud

the roses are 100% Glastonbury headliners, there is no doubt they are big enough and I'd take a punt that GFL actually really want them to play

the problem is whether the roses actually wanna do Glastonbury. That's what should be considered