Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Will999 said:

It's subjective I know, but Waterfall being the Stone Roses best song and average??? Be hard to find a band that matches their b-sides let alone album/single back catalogue. As for not getting crowd/atmosphere at the pyramid, I'd have a decent wager it would be one of the most sought after headliners to watch in recent years. Lad can't sing for shit mind.

Waterfall just a decent, but forgettable tune for me. If it was written by any other band then it wouldn't have been as hyped as it was I reckon. 

6 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

You're not alone. Apart from Waterfall which is an average song at best, I really don't get the hype surrounding them and especially their reunion. 

Quite possibly, but could name 20 decent tunes and they must have one of the best drummers of our generation. They wouldn't be my first choice either, far from it, but I can appreciate some brilliant songs they have done. 

1 minute ago, greenArmy12 said:

Interesting William Hill have Guns n' Roses 8/11 favourites

because they know a heap of people will see it and jump on it thinking it's a sure thing. there's not a chance in hell that Guns N Roses would do Glastonbury. they're doing this reformation for the big bucks, which Glastonbury is the furthest thing from. if they do festivals at all, Download/Isle of Wight/Reading and Leeds are the only contenders (British Summer Time as well i guess although it looks like they may have pulled out of doing that this year)

It all depends on who is touring / has an album out. Unfortunately Ed Sheeran is nailed on if he does.

Foos, Radiohead, Elton John, McCartney, Roses, (If Daft Punk do Alive 17 as rumoured, surely that long known rumour will come true), Beyoncé, The Cure, Rihanna or Guns N Roses. I Can't see the other 2 being from anywhere other than those.

I know acts often follow the money, but the biggest act in the world Adele didn't. I wonder if that will help attract?

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

20 big ones on Ed sheeran at 5/1. Not bad. I'll take that. While the one new 2 returning thing was valid this year, my inkling is that this won't be the case this year. Radiohead Ed Sheeran and Foos/Roses covers all the bases really well. I can't think of another returning headliner that would be lined up apart from Radiohead. The Cure maybe?

55 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Or he might get the locals slot on the Sunday. 

reckon Sheeran would get the Saturday and Roses would get the Sunday - Roses have a good chance of sounding a bit shite in that prime TV slot whereas Sheeran is guaranteed to sound good, and the Roses seem like good fodder for keeping the locals happy (been long awaited to appear at the festival)

looks like most are in agreement that if Radiohead play it seems a given they'd do the Friday

I can't see where Sheeran fits in, myself.

Friday is usually a big booming 'Glasto has arrived' statement.
Saturday is a 'main event' type affair.
Sunday is the big closing.

So where does Sheeran, with his one-man-and-his-guitar show fit in to any of that?

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I can't see where Sheeran fits in, myself.

Friday is usually a big booming 'Glasto has arrived' statement.
Saturday is a 'main event' type affair.
Sunday is the big closing.

So where does Sheeran, with his one-man-and-his-guitar show fit in to any of that?

Unfortunately the world is getting more bland every year.

The only thing regarding sheeran is - he has not headlined before. I might not like him, but he isn't the lasy bookings Muse and Coldplay were. (No matter how well they were received, it was still a lazy booking)