Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

What do people think about the cure headlining? They're the sort of band to come out of the blue like The Who in 2015

If you mean they're the kind of band it might be necessary to slot in at the eleventh hour when the one they really wanted pulls out, I suppose you're right.

15 hours ago, eastynh said:

Never been in the park mate. Have generally spent my time there around The Glade, Arcadia and West Holts.

Will hopefully get the opportunity to give the Park a go :-)

edit: and The Blues

They control entrance to the Park quite carefully.  If you don't have a hipster beard and can't answer questions about craft beers and obscure bands that no-one's heard of but everyone pretends to like you may struggle :)

I really like it up there.  It's like Avalon for me in that it's very much a self contained area with some stages in it, rather than a stage in a field.  On a good weather day it's nice to kick back on the hill and listen to whatever's coming up from the stage.

53 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It is....but it's also - see the Ed Sheeran thread passim - pretty "similar" to Modern Love by Bowie.

The Glade, though....?

I've never thought its any more markedly similar to Modern Love than it is to I'm So Excited. Or even I'm Still Standing, for that matter.

Edited by Winslow Leach

3 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

Foo Fighters - new album and worldwide tour rumour:

http://en.mediamass.net/people/foo-fighters/new-album.html

I could live with that.  I know a lot of people are quite dismissive of the Foos (never understood why myself) but I'd be more than happy for them to do the Friday night. Wouldn't necessarily see them, depending on who else is on elsewhere, but they've got massive songs and always seem to love playing.

Just now, Quark said:

I could live with that.  I know a lot of people are quite dismissive of the Foos (never understood why myself) but I'd be more than happy for them to do the Friday night. Wouldn't necessarily see them, depending on who else is on elsewhere, but they've got massive songs and always seem to love playing.

apparently the article has been quashed as false

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ah I thought you were referring to the 'UPDATE' thing on the article.

I'm confused now does this website just make stuff up? Or is this an actual indication they are touring in 2017?

Month's ago a German festival website and Alternative Nation suggested they were:

http://www.alternativenation.net/pearl-jam-foo-fighters-rumored-to-tour-europe-in-2017/

16 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

I'm confused now does this website just make stuff up? Or is this an actual indication they are touring in 2017?

Month's ago a German festival website and Alternative Nation suggested they were:

http://www.alternativenation.net/pearl-jam-foo-fighters-rumored-to-tour-europe-in-2017/

Yeah, I've no idea of the major motive behind it. It originated the Talking Heads rumour a few months back as well. If you search for the plans of a major band, eg. "rem new album 2017" you get something like this.

The Foo Fighters rumour reported by Alt Nation is separate, of course, and to actually be considered. However I think the festival booker they're referring to is just saying who he wanted to play next year and (if the dodgy Google translate of this article is up to scratch) has more recently said Foos aren't scheduling anything until 2018.

14 minutes ago, foolee said:

I could see -

Green Day
Ed Sheeran
Radiohead

i doubt it. whilst the same argument could be made for a lot of acts who were booked late in their careers, i think the fact that Green Day haven't been booked yet means they're probably not one on the list. surely right after American Idiot or 21st Century Breakdown would've been the perfect time to get em - not now when they've become somewhat irrelevant once again. plus pop/punk isn't really done at Glastonbury, at all. reckon it'll be IOW for them if they do a UK festival

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

i doubt it. whilst the same argument could be made for a lot of acts who were booked late in their careers, i think the fact that Green Day haven't been booked yet means they're probably not one on the list. surely right after American Idiot or 21st Century Breakdown would've been the perfect time to get em - not now when they've become somewhat irrelevant once again. plus pop/punk isn't really done at Glastonbury, at all. reckon it'll be IOW for them if they do a UK festival

I would have thought 94/95 would have been the time, riding high on Dookie and still quite credible.

10 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Are Alphabeat still around? Fascination is one of the great overlooked pop classic of the 00s.

I don't think they are active at present mate. I know the female singer has had a few solo tunes out though.

10 hours ago, Quark said:

They control entrance to the Park quite carefully.  If you don't have a hipster beard and can't answer questions about craft beers and obscure bands that no-one's heard of but everyone pretends to like you may struggle :)

I really like it up there.  It's like Avalon for me in that it's very much a self contained area with some stages in it, rather than a stage in a field.  On a good weather day it's nice to kick back on the hill and listen to whatever's coming up from the stage.

I may struggle to get in then mate :-)