Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It didn't stop Kasabian from producing good for everything Green Day have bad since American Idiot, and I have never been the biggest fan but as a live band, they are very hard to top. Coldplay nowadays being one of the only one's who can...ignoring the crap of the past few years.

It did not stop this.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Experts have concluded that when Fratboy McShitpunk starts up with "My friend's got a girlfriend and man he hates that bitch" it actually is the worst moment in the history of recorded sound.

Talking on pop I see Sum 41 were still playing European festivals this year.

I actually think Green Day would put on a great live show. Thing is, it would be panned as one of the poorest headline bookings in history before they've even played, and then Billie Joe would probably go all over the top American in the show itself. Having said that, I have a huge soft spot for Green Day and in their old stuff they really do have some belters. They're one of those bands where pretty much everybody knows 5 or 6 songs at least. Even my parents like them which is saying something.

I am sure (though this is from memory and no link to back it up just now) that just after 2015 Glasto, Emily said that they had the next two years headliners booked and 4 out of the 6 were British. So we had and all British set in 2016 meaning two Non British acts for 2017?

I am convinced I read this somewhere but as I say, struggling to find a source. Anyone else remember reading this at all?

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I am sure (though this is from memory and no link to back it up just now) that just after 2015 Glasto, Emily said that they had the next two years headliners booked and 4 out of the 6 were British. So we had and all British set in 2016 meaning two Non British acts for 2017?

I am convinced I read this somewhere but as I say, struggling to find a source. Anyone else remember reading this at all?

That quote is referred to every couple of pages in this thread alone yet the original rarely makes an appearance.

12 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

I had a dream last night that the headliners next year were Guns n Roses, Jimmy Page & Robert Plant and Neil Young.

Confirmed.

I know i will get shot for this, but other than Guns n Roses I wouldn't be anywhere the Pyramid stage with that lot headlining it.

First post in a few months :)

I am hoping obviously for Radiohead to finally get round to doing it next year...... I can see Green Day being asked as others have said, what with their new album out. I still think they are more likely to do R+L though, seems they get booked for that quite a lot.

GnR would be fantastic but I consider it more likely they will take a chunk of $$$ and do Download or R+L if they manage to get over the pond next year.

Green day playing Hurricane Fest on the 23/24 June so makes Glasto unlikely, unless they make a short journey back for a sunday night set?

But as mentioned above, I can't see it happening as now its maybe too late. But still in for a shout if the favourites don't come off