Headliner predictions 2017

swede

2 minutes ago, across97 said:

Green day playing Hurricane Fest on the 23/24 June so makes Glasto unlikely, unless they make a short journey back for a sunday night set?

But as mentioned above, I can't see it happening as now its maybe too late. But still in for a shout if the favourites don't come off

Nah I expect Green Day to either be a download or Iow now

... Or both

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I'm hoping that a Glasgow date will be announced for Green Day! If not I'll be going to London for it :)

I think, imo at least that might confirm them for TITP as the RHCP of this year.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Metallica are vastly more significant in a cultural sense.

They are but Green Day would get a bigger crowd I'm fairly sure, even if their newer stuff is very poor (including the trio of albums here), but I very much doubt it's happening.

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think, imo at least that might confirm them for TITP as the RHCP of this year.

They are but Green Day would get a bigger crowd I'm fairly sure, even if their newer stuff is very poor (including the trio of albums here), but I very much doubt it's happening.

I just don't know if I could bring myself to go back to TITP. Used to love it but it's gone so downhill since it changed venue. It's just a flocking ground for idiots now.

1 hour ago, across97 said:Green day playing Hurricane Fest on the 23/24 June so makes Glasto unlikely, unless they make a short journey back for a sunday night set?

But as mentioned above, I can't see it happening as now its maybe too late. But still in for a shout if the favourites don't come off

Hurricane/Southside so that makes two dates on that weekend. 

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I just don't know if I could bring myself to go back to TITP. Used to love it but it's gone so downhill since it changed venue. It's just a flocking ground for idiots now.

Too late a booking, they got RHCP who churned out that shit setlist this year.

13 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Billie joe has said he hates the trilogy and wont play songs from it

Where has he said that?, he's not on his own.

On 06/09/2016 at 10:54 AM, Tartan_Glasto said:

Ah right, just found a quote of them saying 4 of the 6 have headlined before....I wonder if that's what I got confused with.

It was 4 of the six had headlined previously.

in 2015 -

Coldplay and Muse + New Adele

In 2016 -

?

Many suggested Foos would be back - (first time)

+ 2 previous Headliners

To be fair though, that quote was from long enough ago that there's a pretty decent chance something changes (or maybe has already changed) before the 2017 festival. I'm not sure that it should be treated as anything more than a possibility. There's multiple examples of headliners being lined up a year or so before that don't end up playing.

On 06/09/2016 at 7:35 AM, reflekting said:

Talking on pop I see Sum 41 were still playing European festivals this year.

I'd much rather Sum 41 play than Green Day, mainly because they would take up a mid afternoon Other stage slot and not waste a Pyramid headliner!

I'm sorry but I'm amazed we're still talking seriously about Green Day headlining. 

Even if they are somehow remotely on the Glastonbury radar, R+L or Download would snap them up and pay a lot more money to do so. Those festivals are much more desperate for headliners than Glastonbury and they will be falling over themselves to snap up huge US rock bands like Green Day. Green Day won't give two shits about playing Glastonbury...they will play the UK festival that offers the most money. It will be the same situation as RHCP this year.

Glastonbury doesn't need to get into bidding wars with the other major UK festivals.The only time they would really open the wallet up would be for an act like Kanye or Adele, which are obviously much more newsworthy headliners than Green Day.

Anyway:

Radiohead

Stone Roses

Elton John.

Done.

Aren't Green Day more suited to Other headline slot? 

I reckon (no idea really):

Radiohead

Drake 

Madonna 

Holding out for Flaming Lips and MBV as JP headliners however oh and GBV somewhere on Park 

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@GETOFFAMYLAWN

according to the coachella boards / The Sun.

beyonce is headlining coachella.

So potentially Daft Punk and Beyoncé as two of their headliners? Not bad at all. Guessing the third would have to be some huge rock act to counter those two. I'll go with Metallica due to them being the first act to pop in to my head 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

So potentially Daft Punk and Beyoncé as two of their headliners? Not bad at all. Guessing the third would have to be some huge rock act to counter those two. I'll go with Metallica due to them being the first act to pop in to my head 

Surely Coachella will chuck money at GNR to play?
I also couldn't think of any two acts more likely at this moment for Coachella